Ibanez JEM Forum banner

ebay sux ( an epic battle for nice guitar)

Tags
ebay sucks
4K views 32 replies 14 participants last post by  blacksmith73 
#1 ·
Hi dudes.
this is a story of an epic battle to find a good guitar on ebay.
Last week i bought a prs custom 24 i asked seller everything i could.
I asked was there any dents on frets under the strings?
well he said no but there was so long refund process and 60.00 shipping lost on my end.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/330874454172?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

So i got the money back finally yesterday and bought this.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170997920696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

The strange thing is another sller had the same pics of this in another auction.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARVEL-SO-...e-/310600278840?pt=Guitar&hash=item4851382338

so anyway i asked him whats up? he said i dont know but ill relist it with my ebay name in the picture. so he did and i bought it.

then today i find this in the other guys feedback.
BEWARE !!! NOTICE SELLER SELLING SAME GUITAR !! FAKE NECK ON CHARVEL I RECEIVED Buyer: Member id browningtown ( Feedback Score Of 432) Feb-01-13 07:55
CHARVEL SO-CAL Pro-Mod Electric Guitar Candy Red MIJ with Case (#310544416238)

yeah that is the guy i bought it from ( browningtown).
so i am in the process of getting him to refund my money for this crapp he even said was crapp and fake.

I cant win for losing i should have just bought a 7620 like i was gassing for last month but i wanted something different.

This sux and ebay sux.

See less See more
#2 ·
Release your fury ;)

Crap people everywhere, the only ways to avoid that kind of thing are or buying from a store or getting it personally.
Those phockers will never take my money because (thank God) I don't have gas :lol:
I have all guitars I need for working and the ones I want (gas), or are too pricey or are not here so no crap strangers will take my money.
Hunt him then after took his skin off, swirl him!

#3 ·
Man that's a shame. I've been an eBay user since 2001 and I've noticed the sheer number of fakes, counterfeits, and downright wrong descriptions of items are definitely on the rise. Just a month ago I sold an NES video game on eBay, had a zero feedback bidder win the auction and never pay or respond. Don't get me started on PayPal either.

Strangely enough, the few times I've purchased a guitar on eBay (always against my better judgement, I really hate buying an axe that I can't play first), everything has worked out awesome. I just bought an Ibanez RG1570 two months ago and it was in pristine, untouched condition, exactly the way the seller described.

In the end, really the only gauge of a buyer or seller's honesty and reliability is feedback. Before even considering doing business with them, read their feedback in-depth. Hopefully it'll save you trouble in the future.

#4 ·
check this out from seller:
Dear andrewsfury,

The money has been transferred from my paypal to my bank
and takes 2-3
days but as soon as it post I will refund your money in
full. Btw there
is no discoloration on this neck. It looks brand new. That
guy was
selling obvious fakes and were nothing like what his pictures
showed. You
could easily tell they were Chinese knockoffs and didn't even
have the
right logo. HIS pictures in the auction were fake. No worries
I'll call
UPS now and cancel the shipment. It should still be at the drop
off and I
will refund your money.
>

now look at this this is guitar i bought.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170997920696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

this is guitar he bought and said it was fake with a negative feedback left to this seller.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHARVEL-SO-...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

if you look at the 4th fret the discoloration is exactly the same even in the picture with his username. on top of that the pictures are identical.

wtc?
how dumb do i appear on ebay.
now today he changes his feedback after i wanted a refund.this is it.

BEWARE !!! NOTICE SELLER SELLING SAME GUITAR !! FAKE NECK ON CHARVEL I RECEIVED Buyer: Member id browningtown ( Feedback Score Of 432) Feb-01-13 07:55
■Reply by srvblues (Mar-01-13 09:22):
Authentic Guitar! Buyer Resold Guitar As Authentic on eBay!

CHARVEL SO-CAL Pro-Mod Electric Guitar Candy Red MIJ with Case (#310544416238) US $799.00 View Item CHARVEL SO-CAL Pro-Mod Electric Guitar Candy Red MIJ

with Case

this was this morning.

then today i find this in the other guys feedback.
CHARVEL SO-CAL Pro-Mod Electric Guitar Candy Red MIJ with Case (#31054441623

#6 ·
I had a little thing going on like this when i bought a JVM head a couple of weeks ago, i got it for a score and thought everything was great, it was listed as being recently re-tubes and bias but when i got it, stock tubes where still in it, and the power tubes blew a week later:( But thankfully, the guy who i bought it off was a nice guy and refunded me £50 for the power tubes i had to put in!

These things happen i guess, but like 6fingers said the only way to avoid things like this is to go to a store. Makes me lose hope in the guitar trade when people try to con you like this!

Ps. that first prs was a stunner!

#7 ·
yes it was so sexxy.
i bought the newer factory prs clear knobs for it too. they were 50.00
it was pretty as heck and clean for a 98 but frets sucked and it sounded like a strat from china cause the frets.

my music store sucks so bad they got all the low end guitars and nothing good unless you want a 4500 dollar lespaul.

and its 1 hour away from me.
alabama sux

#12 ·
wow just wow.
the seller said he would give me a refund.

so he opens a cancel case and tells me to go ahead and cancel.
at this poaint i called ebay.
they said if i accepted the cancel before the refund was made i was screwed.

thanks god i didnt and called them first.
this guy tried to screw me even more.
he tried to trick me into blocking myself from a claim.

he said well if you cant cancel i cant refund you because paypal fees.

\what a joke.

anyway glad i called ebay and my money is still safe.

NEVER ACCEPT A SELLERS CANCEL ITEM CASE UNTIL YOU ARE REFUNDED FIRST.

#13 ·
A few years ago I purchaced a Busa engine (4K$) from a guy in NC. Well, long story short he never sent it, dragged it on and on.

He would of never thought that I have friends all over the world NC included.

-Some of my 'pipe hitting' <(Pulp Fiction ref.) friends KNEW the guy and his girlfriend (*was under her account and had great feedback) The guy had a rap sheet a mile long and had active warrants. The sportbike community is very 'tight' and HATES thieves (the friends I have are part of this community).

Not that I am condoning this but....

-He was woke up at 4am with a shotgun pressed against his forehead, and thats no joke. He was given "motivation" to fulfill his obligation.
I got 'A' motor; not the one that I had bid on but the one out of his personal bike.

I was also very lucky....just an odd set of circumstances and good friends that just happened to KNOW the exact MFer. This story was told to let anyone reading it that is considering screwing someone that the world is small and anger is a powerful motivator.

I have had really good luck with ebay....and bad experiences too.

I like CL because I can go pick up whatever it is that I am buying.

Hope it works out for ya.

~JH

#14 ·
A few years ago I purchaced a Busa engine (4K$) from a guy in NC. Well, long story short he never sent it, dragged it on and on.

He would of never thought that I have friends all over the world NC included.

-Some of my 'pipe hitting' <(Pulp Fiction ref.) friends KNEW the guy and his girlfriend (*was under her account and had great feedback) The guy had a rap sheet a mile long and had active warrants. The sportbike community is very 'tight' and HATES thieves (the friends I have are part of this community).

Not that I am condoning this but....

-He was woke up at 4am with a shotgun pressed against his forehead, and thats no joke. He was given "motivation" to fulfill his obligation.
I got 'A' motor; not the one that I had bid on but the one out of his personal bike.

I was also very lucky....just an odd set of circumstances and good friends that just happened to KNOW the exact MFer. This story was told to let anyone reading it that is considering screwing someone that the world is small and anger is a powerful motivator.

I have had really good luck with ebay....and bad experiences too.

I like CL because I can go pick up whatever it is that I am buying.

Hope it works out for ya.

~JH
paypal always covers me.
dude that was the awesomest post i ever seen on jemsite.
lol so funny and hardcore and like i was there. hahahahah

#15 ·
Honestly, who would buy a guitar, sight unseen, on eBay? The neck could be warped/twisted, and even if perfect, it may just simply not gel with you.

My friend bought a couple of fake Les Pauls, one for cheap that was obviously fake, but not to him but the other was expensive and looked basically OK but was a fake. If I am getting a Gibson Corvus for $100 it's not bad but a fake Les Paul sucks. Also a fake Jem or Satch would hurt where as a fake GRG wouldn't be as bad. There are some Chinese fakes now even of lesser priced Ibanez models. There's money in faking just about everything from their low cost point of view. That being said, some of these fakes are not bad even though they are unethical.

Some of the fake Ibanez Jems out there have become so darn convincing, and even though great guitars in their own right at times, it's still not fun to shell out a grand or more and then end up having a fake Jem or fake Les Paul Standard.

#16 ·
ive gotten all my ibanez on ebay.
alabama is dry for good guitars.

this is why i have keepers and throw aways.
every guitar i own is a keeper.
i sell the bad ones immediately.

but this is not why i returned these.
these art\e simply fake or lied about .

its not dumb to buy on ebay if thats the only place you can find rare or guitars not in your area.
alabama is country people so if i want a strat or an acoustic then yes i can got to guitar center here.

theres not a guitar i own that a jemsiter wouldn't fall in love with the playability and action.

#18 ·
Sounds like Upstate NY is a lot like Alabama :D

I had to buy all my Ibanez guitars on ebay also. There are no stores around me that stock any of the MIJ models. Hell the only time I got to play a Jem was when Joe Bonamassa's store in New Hartford happened to get a 7Vwh in randomly one day when I was there...

Unless you want a Gibson or Fender then you're SOL around here. CL never has anything except the same low end model Ibanez guitars that the stores around sell either.

If it wasn't for ebay life would suck...

#20 · (Edited)
I am pretty rural, in the no-mans land between San Francisco and Los Angeles, and even though I cannot see the higher end stuff that much, it's still crazy to do eBay. Some can use almost anything and as long as it doesn't fret out or buzz excessively, then it's an A+ guitar to them, the best they have ever played per se.

For me, while I don't expect a Collings, Taylor, or J-Custom, I do have to at least play it once to get an idea. Some nice guitars, by standards of most, may just not speak to me. For many years I couldn't stand small frets and those much celebrated pre-CBS strats and teles did nothing for me. If there was an eBay back then and I put down thousands on one because they were supposed to be the bomb, I would have been bummed. I also heard a lot about PRS but when I actually tried one, I didn't like the weird neck/body joint.

But if it's a guitar that is extremely rare, but I know basically what it is, then I could plop down three or four hundred for a "blazer", or early roadstar, pre-RG type. As long as it's not too warped, I could deal with it if it's only a refret at most that's required.

#24 ·
Update.
The seller of the charvelk said hed give me a refund.
He opened a cancel case to get his fees back.

The case had to responded to by me before tuesday.
He sent the refund but it pending for 3 days until it cleared his bank.

So i had to decline the cancel case cause thursday was too late andf i would have no chance for a claim because he could have accepted it for me if i didnt respond by tuesday.

He gets mad and call his bank to black the refund and says i need to enjoy the guitar cause hes done.

what a crock of crapp . i called ebay and they said as soon as his refund cleared they would drop his fees and they said for me to tell him to call them for explanation.

I told him and he cussed me out.

So now i have to wait until the 11th and do my own paypal claim( which takes ages).

I hope people read this to avoind crucial mistakes of buying on ebay.

#26 ·
YEP now he calls me an idiot and says i screwed myself.
I dont think that will help his case much.

Even if the guitar is real he shouldnt have lied and not told me why his pictures arfe identical to the auction he bought it from.

H said it was fake out of his own mouth .

No he saying i have to get it appriased before i ship it back that ebay will make me hahahahahahah.

I might pay him a visit or maybe get worldrecorholders friends to pay him a visit.
:)

#32 ·
this guy is very sneaky.
anyway i have to make 2 cases.

a item not recieved case.
a item not described case incase he does try to ship it.

hes trying to wait and trap me with no time to make 2 cases.

if i wait and do item not recieved and he ships it in time for case but no time for item not described case i will be stuck with it.

IF YOU GUYS FIND SOMETHING SIMULAR HAPPEN TO YOU PLEASE LET THE GUY SHIP IT AND WAIT TO MAKE AN ITEM NOT DESCRIBED CASE.

IT SOUNDS LIKE IT WOULD TAKE MORE TIME BUT WITH THE WAY EBAY WORKS YOUR BETTER OFF RECIEVING THE ITEM AND THEN MAKING A CASE INSTEAD OF ASKING A SHADY SELLER TO REFUND RIGHT OFF THE BACK.

AGAIN EBAY SUX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.