Ibanez JEM Forum banner

DiMarzio Tone Zone Parallel

7K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ermonski 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm curious on how the Tone Zone sounds in parallel? I'm planning to have this kind of switching:

bridge series > bridge parallel > bridge and neck > neck parallel, neck series.

I'm looking for a slightly twangy tone for cleans, and a bit of quack-y tone for distortion.

#4 ·
got some news from the luthier, he said that after wiring the pickups (Tone Zone and PAF Pro) to the megaswitch, he mentioned that the Tone Zone sounds really good in parallel, close to a beefed up single coil to a vintage low output humbucker. A bit brighter, more clarity and "spank".

I can't wait to get my guitar from the shop! I might try to post a video link here of the demo (these'r my first DiMarzio pickups)

#5 ·
I finally got my guitar back from the luthier (delayed since I can't visit due to family concerns).

I love how the Tone Zone sounds in Parallel wiring. It's like a really fat single coil. It twangs and bites on cleans, and it's got that P90-ish, Hendrix-ey tone on distortion.

I'm playing through a Morley Power Wah and an MI Crunch Box clone to a Laney HCM30 amp.

I'll post a video soon. DiMarzios sure are a worthy investment!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.