Ibanez JEM Forum banner

RG2610 Tremolo Options

Tags
rg2610
1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  py36 
#1 ·
I just recently played a RG2610 and really liked the neck and like the sound of the TB10 through my current amp. I did not like the feel of the tremolo. While I am waiting for a RG2610 to come available, I would like to start looking for a different tremolo but I'm do not know which ones will work. Will an Edge or Lo Pro work? Will it take modifications in the route of the body?

Thanks!

BTW...what tremolo came with the 2610?

#4 ·
I'm not sure if I follow? Do people usually ask about the Edge Pro retro fitting in other guitars?...I have got to get up to date on the Ibanez stuff. I have been out of it for ten years.

I had posted about a deal gone bad concerning my RG3120 and a friend that was using the 3120 neck and trem on his RG2610 body. I purchased a 2610 to get the neck and trem to swap back for the 3120 parts. The Lo Pro was on his 2610 body but I did not play it or check out the fit before tearing it down. After swapping the parts and completing his guitar, I checked the Lo Pro fit on the remaining 2610 body. It did not fit. I did notice whatever tremolo studs he used on his guitar looked to be a smaller diameter which would make sense because the trem base plate was hitting the body towards the back of the plate.
Guess I need to search the forums to check out the advantages of each tremolo. I may have not given the Edge Pro a fair shot. The travel of the tremolo did not feel very smooth which was probably not the fault of the tremolo but something weird on the springs or studs.

Thanks!

#6 ·
Ive owned both, both trems seem to equal each other out in the pros and cons however with the lo pr you can do a bit of work to fit an OE or Lo pro in as opposed to the EZ.

Great guitars....Traded them due to no neck pickup and......you ever get sick of bad decisions......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.