Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD: RG2560zex Sunburst Prestige

7K views 27 replies 24 participants last post by  PBGas 
#1 ·
So, on advice from members of this board, I went out and bought this guitar. I wasn't even in the market for a new guitar when I was considering it, I went to buy the Tubescreamer head shown in the photo, saw this and absolutely fell in love with it. After going home and not being able to think of any other guitar, and after posting on here, I went back and bought it.
Play-ability is absolutely phenomenal, the nicest neck I've ever laid hands on. The thing that really suprised me though is it's versatility. Using the pickup selector switch I can get anything from full on metal, an incredible country twang that has to be heard to be believed, all the way through great funk tones, and everything else in between.
What do you guys think of it?!

See less See more
#18 ·
Wow--looks amazing!
Are you going to dump some DiMarzios in?
I'd throw a lipstick pickup in the neck--just for something different.
Couple it with a Fast Track middle and a Gravity Storm bridge for crazy versatility.
On a related note--how does that amp sound?
Been considering one, but have a few low-watt heads already. Just curious how the onboard TS circuit sounds.

#25 ·
As an owner of a TV750, I was wondering whether there is any pick up that I can put in instead of the lipstick pickup. I am looking for something with a lot higher output. It's an experiment for a year or so. You know, just to see what the TV750 can do. Thanks for reading this. It's been a long time since anybody discussed this topic, it seems.

#19 ·
Thanks for all the comments. Alaska- I'm actually pretty happy with the pickups, there's a lot of versatility in the guitar already. The only thing I may change out is the neck to a mini-humbucker type, not sure what yet. Just not quite enough punch in it at the moment.
And the amp's great. Phenomenal clean tone for such a cheap price. Only thing is the TS circuit doesn't cover much gain (like an unmodded 808 I suppose), so you'll need to run pedals for more dirt. But for a good crunch sound it's fantastic. Boost is useful too, just the right amount for a little pep in your solos over the band.

#20 · (Edited)
That's a very nice guitar, and you have probably found it to honestly be a do-everything guitar with HsH lineup and likely split coil humbuckers on 2 and 4 position as most Ibbys are. With your amp setup, you can of course do rock but humbucker in neck lends well to jazz, too.

That's cool too that you got a Japan/Asia only release from a company that ships worldwide. What other European or Japanese Ibanez online dealers also ship worldwide? If it's the right guitar, I don't mind ditching US online dealer with free shipping in order to get a perfect guitar, like rare finish/features RG or S, or a cool 12 string Artcore/AK-80 jazz Artcore/AMF flat top Artcore, none of which are available in US, yet, or anymore.

#22 ·
Blazer, not sure about shipping worldwide, the story with this one is that a few shops over in the UK where I live have imported this model- so it was probably an option from the dealer rather than the shop I got it from actively seeking it out. With that in mind one of those places may ship it- try doing a uk only Google search for it.
Screamndemon the head is brill. Can't believe they aren't more popular than they are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.