Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Need some feeack on improv

Tags
improv
1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  IVsakeN 
#1 ·
Hey all,

Trying to get some constructive feedback on a little improv I caught on video while jamming around (sorry if this isn't the right place to put this). I might actually keep this part and build on a second. Hope I have the right idea here, but it's impossible to criticize my own stuff. Thanks for checking.

#4 ·
Thanks for checking guys. Not a bad sound for a PODxt recorded through
my cellphone for video lol. I just bought a Roadster that should do the trick also.
Having the most trouble trying to come up with
my own unique riffs for those though
That higher bend sounds pretty cool at the end.

#7 ·
Its the one about :49 to :52. This was all just a random improv that I happened to be recording. Glad I did cause I would have forgotten pretty much all of this.

Nice job!

Like a lot of people, you can play, the hard part is what and how to put it all together.
Deciding on all the elements of a song can be overwelming.

Tempo
Melody
Structure
Tone
Everything besides the guitar
etc.

DO you want a theme for the whole CD or are you just worried about this song alone?
The real story is a massively awesome drummer friend died a few weeks ago, and after I got back from the funeral this is what came out over the backing track. I have a hard time looking at my own playing, so I wanted to get some feelers out there to real players as I want to play this live this weekend as a tribute at a show.

There would be a section 2 to this where I play slow again before the video cuts off. I need to try and write something for that and possibly theme it a bit different to close it out. It would be about 5min total for the whole track.

#6 ·
Nice job!

Like a lot of people, you can play, the hard part is what and how to put it all together.
Deciding on all the elements of a song can be overwelming.

Tempo
Melody
Structure
Tone
Everything besides the guitar
etc.

DO you want a theme for the whole CD or are you just worried about this song alone?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.