Ibanez JEM Forum banner

New pickups on ibanez rg550 20th

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  racerevlon 
#1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm Gabriele and i'm a new member of the forum :smile:

I've an Ibanez rg550 20th anniversary but i don't like her pickups, I would like to put the pickups that have the same characteristics of psnd but with more quality, so what pickups do you recommend ?

Thanks a lot guys! :smile: and sorry for my english

#3 ·
Okok you right :) So, i like a sound warm and fat with lots of bass, my favourite kind of music is instrumental rock and my favourite guitarrists are Vinnie Moore, Tony Macalpine and Joey Tafolla, on my Ibanez rg550 20th (maple neck) i've a dimarzio tone zone and on other Ibanez grg i've the Psnd, i prefer it to the tone zone, so i'm searching a pickup with this specs. :)

#4 ·
OK, what we need to know is what you find unsatisfactory with the Tone Zone. The Tone Zone is a finicky pickup that can take some work to set at the right height, etc. You want lots of bass, and the Tone Zone definitely has that.

I've got a whole bunch of tweaks for the Tone Zone that may make it perfect for you, so lets find out what you don't like about it and I might be able to advise you how to make it work for you. :)

#5 ·
Ok, first, i don't know if the bad sound is due to the pickups or guitar, i've another Ibanez a grg that has psnd pickups and rosewood neck while rg has maple neck, can this be a cause ? Or all the elettronics is bad ? Finally the rg sounds worse than grg...Help me please :)

SORRY FOR THE LANGUAGE :(

#6 ·
Ok, first, i don't know if the bad sound is due to the pickups or guitar, i've another Ibanez a grg that has psnd pickups and rosewood neck while rg has maple neck, can this be a cause ? Or all the elettronics is bad ? Finally the rg sounds worse than grg...Help me please :)

#7 ·

That's still not helping. You need to tell us what you don't like about the sound. Asking if there is a problem with the pickup or the guitar isn't going to help us diagnose the issue.

What is the problem with the sound? Focus on that, we can then work out what you may need to do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.