Ibanez JEM Forum banner

IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

174K views 990 replies 118 participants last post by  MatiasTolkki 
#1 ·
IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)! What will be new,,what to be expected for us ibanez fans who just cant wait. :p anyone know post here :D

#153 ·
There were some rumours a couple of months ago about that there might be NEW highend lefthanded models for 2013. I do hope for a lefthanded J-Custom RG with a neck which would be close to the feel of the classic superwizard neck :)

It would be awesome with a reissue of the RG3120TWL but unlikely that will happen...

#155 ·
I will be so happy if i can see Js Premium with affordable price.

And Japanese Js series... I'm gald to know BP is over. The most boring color in Js color scala, imo. Actually somehow, i want to see Js guitars in the color palette of old Fenders.

How about a Js1200 in lake placid blue color?

Or Daphne Blue?

But please god, this time, let this guitar made of alder instead of basswood.
:)

#157 ·
Will we finally get Ibanez S back with Edge or Low-Pro Edge?

I hate the ZR, too efficiently kills your sustain.

For God sake Ibanez, bring S-model with knive edges and pivots!!
I hear ya. As a long time Edge, LP Edge, and Edge Pro player... I just couldn't adjust to the new EZ trems, even with the ZPS system removed. I tried to like them, I really did, but after 6 months had to ditch my EZ-equipped guitar.

Unfortunately, I doubt they'll every go back to those trems... with the exception being their use on high-end signature models. Really wish they'd use the non-EZ trems on the J-Customs. If they did, I'd own one of those puppies... but alas, the EZ trem kills it for me.

#168 ·
All I hope is that the first JS premiums come in "decent" colors. Steve picked a god awful fugly color for the first premium version JEM so really hoping Joe had enough sense to pick a killer color(s). Like the premium JEM hoping the original Edge is also standard equipment. As I had already stated I might have to aggressively start saving up for one if this is the case.

#164 ·
You guys sure know how to kill a buzz. I haven't had my new RG920 but about a week. So far I'm in love with the guitar, but the way you guys talk about the EZ (mine is an EZII), makes me wonder if I'm going to run into problems later on. I have to say, after playing a Strat for years that I literally had to tune so it came back into tune after dipping the tremolo, I've been amazed at how this EZII just doesn't go out of tune. AT ALL! Maybe that's just because it's new still. I dunno, but after what I was used to, this is like playing in a dream world.

#165 ·
Don't worry about it, the EZ is fine, The EZII isn't bad either, and swaps right out with a number of awesome trems if by some happenstance you do develop a problem.

This is just the jemsite hivemind hating on the new stuff and idolising the old. Back when the Edge Pro was the trem of choice for all Ibanez' high end models, the same people were saying the same **** about that, despite it being the best trem Ibanez ever made really, and simply having the misfortune to not come with locking studs.

These days I see plenty of posts saying how good the EP was after you changed the studs with locking ones. Back then you'd have thought the EP was the devil.

#170 ·
In a sense the 1600 was a premium, premium silver that is ;)

Maybe Joe or someone has been listening all that time and Rich finally gets his wish. That would be a sweet color for the premium lineup. I hope they have more than one color available but have a gut feeling its only going to be one. Since Joe has better taste than Steve it can't be that bad whatever it winds up being. I hope :D

#171 ·
Different strokes I suppose. I think seafoam green is classy and the 70V is gorgeous. I've been saying for years that Ibanez should dip into Fender's paint pallet. Lake Placid Blue or Shoreline Gold on and RG550 (or the Premium equivalent) with a white pickguard would SMOKE!

#184 ·
Yearn, No harm in waiting, prices go down as you wait, but wait too long and it will be gone. jackson keeps their models around a little longer, but it seems everyone discontinues so fast. it makes resell value horrible. I bought my RG870z when it first came out, and was discontinued a few months later.

Dratsum, I feel the premiums have better necks for sure, but not outragously better.
I like my premium, but got the lowest premium and put a few hundred bucks into it, I should have just got another Prestige. at the time a RG350 was 399.00us, I paid 749.00us for my premium and have about 950.00 in it plus my own labor, so around 1050.00+us is what I would say I have in my RG870z.

I wanted the RG2550z but they were extinct in USA when I purchased, I did find one used a month later for 500.00us already customized with H/H EMG 81/60, it is far superior to my premium in every way.

My next purchase will be a full no holds barred Prestige, or J. Custom
otherwise just get a RG350 and customize it.
there is no place in my life for a premium.

#185 ·
There are plenty of RG2550's out there to be had in the used market. The problem is a lot of people are trying to follow Ibanez's upward pricing. You can't blame them for trying. Honestly if they bought an RG2550 for $900 in 2008 and are trying to sell for $1,200 now because new ones are in the $1,500 range it's kind of pushing it.

#193 ·
Ebay offers free listings all the time, they only pay for a sold item in that case.
o rly?

Back in the day it was a percentage of the starting price, a fee for a reserve auction, and then a percentage of the closing price. It wasn't much, though. I think they're raised it a lot since then.

I hear now you have to pay a percentage of shipping, too, cuz people were selling expensive items for $1 (to avoid fees as a percentage of price) and then charging $500 for shipping and handling cuz eBay didn't factor shipping into the total price when they calculated their fees for each auction. So you could sell a $501 item for $501 and only pay fees based off of $1 rather than $501.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.