Ibanez JEM Forum banner

New MIJ option: LTD Elite

Tags
japan mij
4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  silverctr 
#1 ·
#6 ·
They look fantastic........BUT,...i really wish they had been marketed as an entry level MIJ ESP rather than a high end MIJ LTD.
The pricing would be the same,but i just dont want an LTD on my headstock...when i want an ESP in my collection i want it to say ESP.

That opinion aside,those guitars look F@#king killer and i would have certainly bought one if branded ESP.

#11 · (Edited)
ESP at the 12th fret instead of a model #, win!

LTD still silkscreened at the headstock, fail!

Just had to state the obvious :D

Not sure what segment of the market they are trying to garner here? I'll be curious to see what the actual street prices are in shops here in a few months.

I honestly think they are trying to somewhat offer something comparable with some of the Premium Ibanez line. They just used the word Elite instead of Premium for marketing. Also using the MIJ card for that marketing too. I think in particular they targeted the 920s with these new ST1 offerings. Quilted maple tops, natural binding, and a floyd. Hmmm, awfully similar appointments. I like those two ST1s with the maple boards. Notice how its exactly the same color choices as the two maple boarded 920s available?

#17 ·
What makes you all think that ESP is competing with Ibanez? I would guess that they're trying to beat Schecter. After all, what would you compare an LTD to 9 times out of 10? Schecter. A $900 Schecter is about the same as a $600 LTD. Which is good, except that people assume the Schecter is a better guitar because it's more expensive. So now LTD is making a better guitar in the same price range.

These feel like a "See, we can make LTD's better than the Blackjacks!" product to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.