Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Wondering if there would be any interest if I was to sell a couple of these?

4K views 23 replies 12 participants last post by  HoosierDaddy 
#1 · (Edited)
These are NOT for sale yet, hence NOT in the classifieds.

Just pondering thinning down super-strat heard a bit and moving more to LesPauls. These are all custom refinishes - purely Ibanez parts, no junk. SD or Dimarzios depending on the guitar, and all in mint shape. The Purple is an RG570 with a wizard neck, the Blue is an RG1570 Prestige with hand-inlayed mop/abalone. Also have a green JCustom (edit: Team J. Craft), but no pics yet.

Need thoughts as to what would be fair pricing, and if anyone would even be interested. If I decide to sell, I'll probably keep at least one, as I can't do the work any more. More pics and info can be seen on my site at www.aceforever.com.

See less See more
#4 ·
Image sizes are limited here for attachments. However, there are quite a few larger images, close-ups, etc. on my website (http://www.aceforever.com) if anyone is interested.. I don't have any pro-shot pics of the green swirl-type JCustom, but there are a few prototype and in-process pics on the site under 'Chameleon'. Would love to be able to do more in the future, but don't think my wrists can take it.

#6 · (Edited)
Team JCraft RG1570, Edge Pro, Clear Pick Guard, handle and recessed tremelo, Jem-style positioned input jack. Green-Black Swirl-type finish (not a swirl paint-job). Pink Ibanez logo on matching headstock, Pink/Black Dimarzio PAF Joe Neck, Super Distortion bridge, Green Area58 middle. Pink Tone and Volume knobs 5-way superswitch.

#8 · (Edited)
The blue Prestige seems to be generating the most attention... here's some extra specs that I messaged another individual:

This one has the most into it, work and materials, with the abalone and mother of pearl inlays on a Madagascar Ebony fret board. It has been professionally Pleked to assure the fret-height and radius accuracy. The pickups are Dimarzio's, PAF Pro Neck, Area 58 middle and Evo2 Bridge and 5-way superswitch. Edge Pro tremelo. Ibanez smoked-chrome hardware. The paint is a semi-metallic blue on the sides with a seam-less fade to the blue print (seen in the picture) on front and back. There's probably more I'm forgetting, such as an Ibanez UV1000C hard case, etc.

Still wondering... what kind of pricing? Set a flat price on each based on specs, or an average price on all and first two sold goes? I'd like to keep 1, but don't have a preference as I love 'em all. Just want one to keep to say, "I did that one" ya know? I'm ultimately in the market for a "real" Les Paul, so sale only, or open it up to trades? Thoughts???

#9 ·
Still wondering... what kind of pricing? Set a flat price on each based on specs, or an average price on all and first two sold goes? I'd like to keep 1, but don't have a preference as I love 'em all. Just want one to keep to say, "I did that one" ya know? I'm ultimately in the market for a "real" Les Paul, so sale only, or open it up to trades? Thoughts???
any thoughts on pricing?

#11 · (Edited)
Team J.Craft does not mean it's a J.Custom. It's a Prestige.
I could be wrong... but from a previous post (http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f16/team-j-craft-72588.html), to quote Rich:
It is marketting but today the only guitars made in Japan are Prestige and JC. They both use the same serial transfers, TJC. It's not used on anything else, just their Japanese Prestige and JCustoms.
This guitar started its life as a Prestige 1570, made in Japan, stamped Team J. Craft and retains all neck, body and hardware from its origins. Sorry for any confusion, as I'm not wanting to mislead anyone, and have edited the original post. Any differences between J. Custom and Team J. Craft - I stand corrected.

#17 ·
I could be wrong... but from a previous post (http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f16/team-j-craft-72588.html), to quote Rich:

This guitar started its life as a Prestige 1570, made in Japan, stamped Team J. Craft and retains all neck, body and hardware from its origins. Sorry for any confusion, as I'm not wanting to mislead anyone, and have edited the original post. Any differences between J. Custom and Team J. Craft - I stand corrected.
I said that TJC doesn't MEAN IT'S A J.Custom.

That doesn't mean that J.Custom's aren't TJC ;)

It just means that YOUR TJC guitar isn't a J.Custom

#19 ·
TJC was nothing more than a marketing slogan, there was no department, the employees were the same employees building the same guitars at the end of 2004. It's marketing, which they used from 2005-2010. And 2011, the same employees that built the TJC guitars in 2010 built all the same guitars in 2011, without the marketing slogan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.