Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Thanx Rich!

5K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  Akhenaten 
#1 ·
Bought your black LoProEdge7 the other week. (The scratched one I can't find a scratch on...lol) Thanks for beamin' it out so quick man. Got here in like 3 or 4 days.

:)

See less See more
#4 ·
I did them... It's those plastic things from evil-bay. Took alot of shaping and working to make them fit right. The cuts they provided were not all completely right, so you'd go to fit the pieces and they'd not line up. Made the pickguard, did the inlays, refretted it after the inlays, and now just getting the pickups together.

#7 ·
Naw man, they're pieces of shaped plastic. About 3mm thick. You get three plates, each is one of the colors and has the shape kinda precut. You snap them out, and have to shape them and smooth them out. I took the old inlays out, glued the new ones into place once they were shaped, and then leveled the whole fretboard, bringing them down in the process. They are also blacklight-reactive. :D

You actually referred me to the people that sold them. They had a bunch of different colors and options.

#9 ·
That was one of the Munky Apex things. I routed it out for the Universe pickup setup. The mirror pickguard and chrome hardware is from the Universe next to it. Pickups are Crunch Lab, Custom Shop Duncan stacked single, and a DeActivator. The DeAc is a bridge one. I like how they're voiced better...

Dude, Your PBK looks awesome!!!

As many of us know, Rich's service and attention to detail are second to none, and his prices are unbeatable. The ONLY place to buy anything Ibanez as far as I'm concerned.
Thanks man! I'm loving the guitar now. I wanted all the chrome stuff off of it...lol Rich was great. I made sure to check his time thing on the website before calling. LOL

#20 ·
naw it's still there. I was lucky and got one with a fairly dark triangle. I'm still weighing what I'm gonna do with it. I may dig it out and fill it with something else, either a different inlay or just wood and refinish it. I'm not sure if it's an inlay or just a sticker under Ibanez' clearcoat... But close to summer when I can spray and do more paint work, I'll do something with it. We'll see... Right now, I'm just stoked to have the chrome hardware off of it.

#24 ·
I really want to sand my 97 UV7BK with silver dots down to the wood, I'm just worried about if my sander is up to the task and what the wood grain will look like.

I shouldn't, the black is jacked up enough already. Any wood grain will probably look better than how it looks now.

RGTFanatic: how'd you sand yours off?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.