Ibanez JEM Forum banner

IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)

174K views 990 replies 118 participants last post by  MatiasTolkki 
#1 ·
IBANEZ 2013 (who has the inside scoop)! What will be new,,what to be expected for us ibanez fans who just cant wait. :p anyone know post here :D

#753 ·
I don't know why they would've stretched the horn out so much, it looks kind of like a cheezy knockoff of the old ones.

also, are The Offspring still really popular somewhere in the world that warrants Noodles having another signature? I mean not to knock them, because they were back in the day, but I haven't heard squat from those guys in at least 5 years.

#759 ·
The Timmons and Noodles models were smart moves I think. Get rid of the line that inspired them, the RT and Talman respectively, so that the only choice you have if you liked those models are the sigs. I don't remember the Radius all that much but I think aside from the neck profile and headstock the same is true for the JS, right?

#764 ·
It's great being so confident about a guitar from pictures/stats to be inclined to start saving for a specific guitar.

My first electric, in my budget which was similar to where that Iceman stands today, was an Aria Pro II and even though I had not played it, I knew the good reputation they had and I ordered it. It didn't let me down. When I was ready to move up to best strat or strat-like/bolt-on neck guitar on the market of any company, I went to top of Ibanez line at the time and got a Blazer 550 ($499 and roughly $1,230 in today's US dollars) from the catalog and it was my favorite guitar of all time.

After that, I pretty much only bought guitars I tried out but a few new things in 2013 catalog, including that Iceman, look like something I could buy sight unseen and still be as happy as I was when I got my first two quality electrics over thirty years ago.

#765 ·
I know this is the ibanez 2013 thread, but schecter is releasing two new signature models from two kick ass bands from the 90s metal era, type o negatives Kenny hickey c1 in steele green and prong's Tommy Victor' artist model in matte black. Just thought I would bring it up for the older 90's metal heads like myself8)

#768 · (Edited)
Schecter makes some very underrated guitars. I bought a C-1+ when they first came out, still an excellent guitar, add in the memories and it's irreplaceable. I'm not so sure about their current low end/budget models these days, but dollar for dollar Schecters are hard to beat.
I bought a schecter blackjack atx for 749.00 about 5 years ago,ebony fingerboard( not the cheap wanna be ebony crap,like other esp's ltd deluxe series use) duncan blackouts, tone pros, friggin fully loaded!! Its one of my favorite guitars, they are very underrated, for what you can get for 7-900hudred bucks you cant beat them!

#771 ·
If the Euro catalog posted here on this thread is correct, and not a fake, I hope the USA line in 2013 will have as many new models.

NAMM is coming up next week but is there anything new confirmed for USA market, and not just a rumor or models coming out only in other countries?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.