Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Build treva (6fingers) free guitar thread.

27K views 277 replies 32 participants last post by  andrewsfury 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Some of you know about this but here we go. Also i posted this in here because there will be a guitar built to show progress pics as well.

My friend treva lives in brazil and guitars are so out of price range there expecially coming from usa.

He has been wanting a swirl for so long to no evail.

I told him i would make hime one for free and then Alaskabat offered him a neck.

Rgtfanatic offered him a free original edge trem kit.

Then some others offered stuff as well.

So i needed to make an official thread for anyone wanting to help us.

He will make a song and youtube video when he gets it for us all to enjoy what we did.

The guitar will be a jpm hh style body with claw and no grip. swirled with matching headstock .

any parts you want to donate please post here.

Also i would like to offer 1 of these guitars every year for a member who is cool and deserving of it with you guys help.

im sure treva will post some renderings of what it will look like with his photoshop skills lol.

I am putting it together here and shipping finished to him i believe.

This spring i will have the body ready for him .

Thanks to anyone who wants to help a dream come true.

Things needed still.
Pickups. hopefully pink dimarzios.
electronics.
tuners etc.
a good case to ship it in.
knobs.
clear guard to fit. (if not i will).

See less See more
#169 ·
LOL. man i hope they dont kill it in shipping.
Its getting shipped neck off to be cheaper for treva to claim in customs.
If something bad happens foreal ill kill someone hahahaha.
Foreal though i would .
This guitar is going to be awesome.
The electronics and color scheme are going to kill.
Im going to be jealous . hahahahahahah

#177 ·
id love for someone to come here and use my shop and show me more how to use it , lol.
i got all the luthier tools in the drawers waiting to be used.

i built 2 necks so far but havnt had time to test them out.

my favorite tool is my jointer. i had to set it up to make no snipe at end and was a whole learning process just to set up tools and use them right.

i also built my router table that is awesome for making patterns and trussrod channels and monkey grips.

#180 ·
i need parts lol.
this guitar will be super awesome and fully decked out so its worth the wait.
im going to do me an exact copy while im doing trevs. he dont know it yet,.
oops i just told him.
atleast the swirl pattern will be different as its impossible to get exact .

#183 ·
lol too bad mine is not free.lol
Well it's obvious awesome living on a country you can buy whatever guitar you want for fair prices, if I lived there I'd have fulfilled my swirled dream a long time ago but the best part is not because it's for free but because it's being built by friendship, built by guys with good hearts who care about what others feel.
Like I told you how many guys THERE have friends from other countries building their dream guitars in the name of friendship?
I never saw this thing happening in any other forum and I've been through a lot of guitar forums.
Sadly there are people who need to keep things around, things they probably will never use, instead of donating and helping people who need them, they keep stuff inside their drawers but I bet this thread already changed some minds even if only a little bit.

I got mine so I really hope more guys will get theirs too, adms should stick this thread cause it could bring more members and more contributors = more money, hell who doesn't want to be part of a forum that builds dream guitars for free?!
If we go to any forum and tell Jemsite does it, a lot will register here, we 'll get more parts so more dream guitars will be built and Jemsite will get more contributors ;)

#198 · (Edited)
Not here to offer parts but just to ask a question?

Why are you doing this for treva/6fingers? He is universally known as being a huge asshat on multiple forums, including the Ibanez forums, esp forums, and shred guitar forums. I remember he used to harass people, troll, get into verbal fights, and call himself an entity all the time to people who had a different opinion to his. He's been banned multiple times on the Ibanez forums but always came back with a different username to continue trolling.

And I'm not talking out of my ass. Here's proof.

People talking about whether treva is coming back after being banned multiple times:

http://forum.ibanez.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=69207

Here he is obstinate and racist. 7th post down (Bury you a.s.s in some cambodia tunnel (the only thing your people can do right)

http://forum2.ibanez.com/yaf_postsm290399_basswood-vs--mahogany.aspx

Over here on the ESP forums he is noticed by another member and he talks about trevas awful attitude from the Ibanez forums:

http://bbs.espguitars.com/showthread.php?t=1512

Here's a clip from the ESP forums:

This Treva guy is a liar... and here is the truth. At the Ibanez forum everyone gets help, even if the answers to their questions seem obvious to more experienced members.

Treva was banned from the Ibanez forum because all he did was crap on people no matter what they said or asked. He would jump on new forum members and bash them for no reason other than to humor himself.

He also threatened people with bodily harm, threatened to "hack" people, and to stalk people's posts and fill them with his garbage. Now that they upgraded the software at the Ibanez forum, we are free from his BS. I have a number of posts and private messages from him that I could post here so everyone could see for themselves how he behaves.

Anyway, he is also banned at the Jemsite forum, and evidently the people at the Mesa forum, and the ESP guitars forum want him gone too (I believe there is actually a thread about getting votes to boot him).

Evidently, this TREVA guy has a long history of belligerence no matter where he ends up. Anyway, this is just a heads up to the mods here, or anyone else who is forced to listen to his garbage. And I just wanted to inject some truth into the BS this guy[treva] is spreading.
And here a user got fed-up with trevas loud mouth behavior that he called him out, but treva never delivers. You can read a lot about his behavior in this thread:

http://bbs.espguitars.com/showthread.php?t=6917

Here's a post on The Boogie Boards calling for his ban:

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=18373&highlight=treva

So why are you doing this for him again?

#199 ·
Not here to offer parts but just to ask a question?

Why are you doing this for treva/6fingers? He is universally known as being a huge asshat on multiple forums, including the Ibanez forums, esp forums, and shred guitar forums. I remember he used to harass people, troll, get into verbal fights, and call himself an entity all the time to people who had a different opinion to his. He's been banned multiple times on the Ibanez forums but always came back with a different username to continue trolling.

And I'm not talking out of my ass. Here's proof.

People talking about whether treva is coming back after being banned multiple times:

http://forum.ibanez.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=69207

Here he is obstinate and racist. 7th post down (Bury you a.s.s in some cambodia tunnel (the only thing your people can do right)

http://forum2.ibanez.com/yaf_postsm290399_basswood-vs--mahogany.aspx

Over here on the ESP forums he is noticed by another member and he talks about trevas awful attitude from the Ibanez forums:

http://bbs.espguitars.com/showthread.php?t=1512

And here a user got fed-up with trevas loud mouth behavior that he called him out, but treva never delivers. You can read a lot about his behavior in this thread:

http://bbs.espguitars.com/showthread.php?t=6917

So why are you doing this for him again?
listen to trevas music and you see he has good heart.
he is an ass , lol but thats why i like him if you knew him you would see thats his humor.

#202 · (Edited)
The funny thing is , some people are so jealous and so negative.
First of all, everytime I started being an ass was because I got enough of a forum and started having fun messing with people, some people take internet too serious and to them everything is personal.Yousef is just another NOT SMART guy who used to keep making dumb questions like "how do I clean my guitar?" and that's why he doesn't like me because I made fun of his questions, he's so not smart that he kept my jokes for more than 5 years, obviously his life is probably very empty with nothing better to do, no friends etc.
And seriously calling a guy from Brazil a racist is super dumb, I'm tired of listening/reading things like third world monkey, some people who thought I was black because I live in Brazil already tried to make me feel bad about it, everybody who knows me know I love learning about others cultures and that's why I'm here, to meet different people all around the world, calling me racist shows that guy knows nothing AT ALL about me.Yep I'm an ass..........to dumb people who makes stupid questions, they need people thinking for them, they don't think, I believe you guys call it spoon-fed or something.

The Euphor not that I own you any explanation about it but...saying my music could be not mine is dumb, there are clips in my youtube channel with me playing, if you can't listen to all of my songs and realize it's the same guy playing, well you don't have good ears.Some friends here have all my songs and some of them were part of my songs "building" process, I'm not an ego guy who needs to proove something with my playing, I make music because I love it.

Andrew is building me that guitar because he has a good heart, he knows I can't buy a swirled guitar because of high border taxes and all government problems.
It's terrible people come to this thread to say negative things about me OR ANY OTHER MEMBER, it's not about me but about an awesome gesture of some great guys who respect what other people feel.
My first action when this started was trying to get another guitar for another member here, 5 minutes after i got mine I was trying to make other member happy.
It's impossible to make everybody happy, just like everything in life, some like me, dome don't and some don't care but some guys think their tastes are what matters, if they don't like me, all people have to dislike me too because their tastes are what matters.
There are people here I don't like still I never came and will never come to a thread to say bad things about, just because I don't like them, it doesn't mean others think the same way, just like in real life, we don't like some people but they have friends cause other people like them.
I never EVER used name callings here or attacked someone on a personal level, my replies were always about gear, about what people were saying, if it was dumb, I made fun of it but NEVER made fun of a person, my replies are NEVER personal.
Ok so some don't like me....................that's life we can't make everybody happy but one thing I know for sure, the coolest, funniest and smartest guys are my friends so I'm happy and a bunch of negative guys will never make me feel sad, I already helped a lot of guys with recording stuff, I spent so many hours sharing all my stuff including books trying to help them to get the results they wanted, anybody who asked my help knows I do my best trying to help, I even keep sending messages asking if they need anything more.
Yep I'm a bad bad person.

Please "bunch of negative guys" don't turn this thread into a personal fight, this is not about me, this is about an awesome gesture we should applause and help other members to get their dream guitars too.
Let's spread it and not kill it.
I won't reply to any other PERSONAL negative provocation so don't waste your time about it, you can call me whatever you want, what matters here(again) is this awesome gesture and not who is getting a guitar ;)

#211 ·
The Euphor not that I own you any explanation about it but...saying my music could be not mine is dumb, there are clips in my youtube channel with me playing, if you can't listen to all of my songs and realize it's the same guy playing, well you don't have good ears.Some friends here have all my songs and some of them were part of my songs "building" process, I'm not an ego guy who needs to proove something with my playing, I make music because I love it.
That's not at all what I said. If you don't understand some written text, feel free to ask before you call people dumb, especially if they intend to send parts for your guitar. You never know who you offend. :)

#205 · (Edited)
And in the original post it mentions that "many guitars are out of his price range" because he lives in Brazil.

But I guess a ESP guitar, Ibanez Prestige, a Marshall 4x12, a Mesa Boogie Triaxis, and a whole lot of other expensive stuff isn't right? According to Treva he owns all of those expensive equipment based on the first post from here:

http://bbs.espguitars.com/showthread.php?t=1194

Seriously what is this thread? You're building a guitar for a loud mouth, racist, trolling, person who owns at a **** ton of already expensive equipment?

#213 ·
Seriously what is this thread? You're building a guitar for a loud mouth, racist, trolling, person who owns at a **** ton of already expensive equipment?
Because Treva kicks ass. And he likes swirls.

Besides, all of the guys are willingly putting the work into a guitar for a guy who has added a lot of info to this forum and has been around for years and has definitely made a name for himself here. We all know that He's got some nice stuff and isn't just living off of dirt. That wasn't the point of this. We're all just friends on here.

Why is that a problem? It's not like he was begging for a guitar. In fact, I believe that this plan and thread were both formed before he ever knew what the hell was going on.

#210 ·
If people want to build each other guitars that is fine. But lets please keep this civil. Please abide by the rules of jemsite and not resort to name calling. This is directed at everyone including Treva.

I encourage everyone to use the report a post function if you see a violation of rules here. If everyone here can be civil then this thread can persist.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.