Ibanez JEM Forum banner
41K views 180 replies 104 participants last post by  Jared777 
#1 ·
Hello from Australia
Here are the first pics online of my new guitar taken as I played it on the steps of the Sydney Opera House last week Dec 18th.
Thanks to Brian for all his help in making this one!
Thanks also to Kevan, Chris C, and lots of other people for various parts!

It is a Jem77BMC (blue multicolour)

ATD swirl by Darren Johansen
Herc Fede three colour pyramid inlay
Head stock says 'Ibanez Simon Wilkins'
Mahogany body made by Charles Elliot, a friend of Brian Calvert

Dimarzio pickups
Steve's special in the bridge
Air norton in the neck
HS2 in middle

Wizard neck, rosewood fretboard (RG neck)

All other parts Dimarzio or Ibanez derived.

let me know what you think!

Best wishes

Simon in Australia
ps more pics to come when I get back to England

See less See more
#56 ·
JEMavenger said:
Just curious...why did you do the old style heal instead of the AANJ? Did you build the neck joint around the neck, or is that what you prefer?
I got asked that in the other thread...and I replied:

I have only ever used the older style neck joint guitars (Jem, RG, UV) and I was originally going to use a spare BFP neck that I had with the swirl but then last summer I got the chance to have Herc do a custom blue pyramid inlay for me.

Cheers

Simon

#59 ·
7 Dying Trees said:
It plays quite nicely as well ;)

I am now taking offers to "relieve" it of simon to order :wicked:
yeah you try that and I will "relieve" you of your penis and your fingers with a rusty knife! :twisted:

(and to think I was giving James well needed medical treatment at 3 am on Friday night as blood was pouring out of his foot!...some people eh?.... :roll: )

:D

#64 ·
A while ago I remember Simon saying that he cuts up his old credit cards and makes picks out of them..............

.....and then I went to the London jem jam and saw the BMC in person(even played with it when Simon wasn't looking :p )..........

.....and then we switched soft drinks vending machine/coffee vending machine supplier at work and the new machines are coin operated whereas the old ones needed a currency card.........

.....and then I found myself in a possesion of a currency card that is now completely useless..........

.....and then........can you really not see where I'm going with this???.... :D

well here's the result
The "Simon/BMC/Spinal Tap" inspired pick that is BMC, has a memory chip on it and it goes to 11. :twisted:

ilia :twisted:

#65 ·
*Whap whap whap* Beats Cerealk over the head and runs off with the guitar, *SCREAMS*** Its all mine, mine mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!< Muhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Beautiful guitar. Thats what the vbsl should have looked like, definitley would sell better, thats a good swirl pattern to use on those to spice em up probably too

#68 ·
Well I cut 2 out of the card and binned the rest, but I just asked around and the guy sitting next to me gave me his card.
After all we don't need them anymore.

I can mail it to you and you can cut your own design picks from it.

[strongbad e-mail]
Hey StrongBad, what types of guitar picks do you use?
Derek Highet
Northern California

Well Derek,
I use my own design picks that have memory chip on them and you can....you can upload all kind of picking techniques to the chip and .....and you can update it and even use it as a SIM card and store all the phone numers of your friends.
Yeah.....yeah...............and you can select between playing a rhythm with it...........you know something like jugga ju jugga ju jugga ju jaa jaaaaa....or you can mash you fingers on the tiny strings like ..........[/stronbad e-mail]

:D ilia

#76 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.