Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Flamed "nape" on JEM7vwh???

2K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  The Madness Here 
#1 ·
This is directed more towards Rich because he has seen a bunch of JEMs, but if anyones else has seen this, please chime in. I frequent Harmony Central, and there was a guy who just bought a JEM7vwh and showed us pictures of it. The back of the neck was flamed, and I thought it was beeeautiful. Has anyone ever seen this on a vwh, or any JEM for that matter? I think having that neck would be something different, rather than having the same thing everyone else does, but do you think it would hinder the integrity of the neck by chance?

Eddie

#2 ·
I think it's all about luck. ONE of my Ibanez guitars has a flamed neck (Not a jem though) that looks absolutely stunning, while all of the others don't.

I first thought that Ibanez simply used nicer slabs of wood on earlier necks (it's a '93 guitar which was my oldest Ibanez for a long time), but now that I got a '89 model which has a 'normal' neck, I assume that a flamed neck is just a rare exception.

Edit:
Oh, and about the integrity: I haven't had a single problem with that particular neck so far.

You can see a small bit of the neck I'm talking about here. It looks a lot nicer in person.

#3 ·
The same guy posted here.

I've seen just about everything occasionally have some flame maple on it. It's not intentional, it's a mistake by whoever the supplier was, nobody caught the log at the lumber mill, or decided it wasn't of quality high enough to sell for tops. If they had caught it they would have cut it different and it would have been sold as top blanks for extra $'s and not as 1 x 3 neck blanks.

#8 ·
ukwan said:
yea my 7VWH has like tiger stripe flames down the neck.. looks very nice.
Cool, do you have any pictures of it? I dont know if you can post pictures on this site, but if you cant, you can send them to me via email at ibanez99@zoominternet.net But if you dont have any, or simply just dont feel like it :wink: he he, thats ok, I just wanted to see it again, it looks great.

Eddie

#15 ·
the bass side piece on my 3120's neck has a slight flame to it. looks kinda neat.

http://ca.f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph...RG3120TW&.dnm=Volute+and+flamed+ne#131D8F.jpg

it continues down that piece but because of the camera's flash and the angle of the guitar, the rest of the neck does quite as good as it does close to the top. Its also not quite as strong after the top, but it gets better towars the heel as well.

as for the jem, i remember seeing that pic, it was rather amazing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.