Ibanez JEM Forum banner
5K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  ibanez.shredder 
#1 ·
I have the chance to buy a new RG570 for a relatively good price. Should I buy it or should I save up and buy an RG1570?

*The RG570 is new but has been sitting in the store for a few years

#6 ·
Penguin said:
I have the chance to buy a new RG570 for a relatively good price. Should I buy it or should I save up and buy an RG1570?

*The RG570 is new but has been sitting in the store for a few years
BEsides there is the bridge I think the 570 has a Lo-pro bridge which is the one that Steve and Joe use the new 1570 has a new edge pro bridge without locking studs..

#9 ·
Also, besides the just the maple neck compared to rosewood, some of the RG570 have the wizzard II necks with bubinga "skunk stripe". Which theres are a bit thinner neck then the regular wizards.

Personally, I like the older 570's with AANJ necks, with the Edge Trem, and you can always put a pick guard on it if you want it to look like a 550.

#13 ·
einarabelc5 said:
BEsides there is the bridge I think the 570 has a Lo-pro bridge which is the one that Steve and Joe use the new 1570 has a new edge pro bridge without locking studs..
Correction it has an edge bridge and guitar goes here around $698 used and $ 1,164.253 new. I know its a scam but southamerican goverments charge a fortune to "nationalize" products more than half these prices went to the goverment when their original users got them. Anyway everyone scams in this country, tha'ts why is so despingao.

#14 ·
bluealien said:
Also, besides the just the maple neck compared to rosewood, some of the RG570 have the wizzard II necks with bubinga "skunk stripe". Which theres are a bit thinner neck then the regular wizards.

Personally, I like the older 570's with AANJ necks, with the Edge Trem, and you can always put a pick guard on it if you want it to look like a 550.
Can u tell what does this one has just by looking at the picture (latin version of evilbay): http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ve/MLV-4617060--_JM

the guy that makes the questions in there its me.

#15 ·
einarabelc5 said:
Can u tell what does this one has just by looking at the picture (latin version of evilbay): http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ve/MLV-4617060--_JM

That looks like a late 90's RG-570. Original edge tremolo, v7 and v8 pickups. AANJ, bubinga stripe. However, I'm pretty sure those came with a wizard neck, not a wizard II neck. It's a pretty nice guitar. Personally, I don't like a gold finish. I also would rather have cool inlays or a maple fretboard. I like front-routing more too like the rg-550.

#19 ·
einarabelc5 said:

That trem looks like a trs to me.

On topic.

I had a 570 for years, and apart from the pickups it was a great guitar. I wouldn't bother buying a "new model" if the guitar you can get is in god condition and alot cheaper.

In many ways I prefer old guitars to brand new ones. That is a personal thing of course.

#20 ·
nickcoumbe said:
That trem looks like a trs to me.
In fact I will go further. That is a trs. They do resemble the lopro edge in that they have the string retainer screws on top to give it the low profile at the back. Look at the way the wings angle back towards the fine adjusters. The edge and lopro are perpendicular in that dimension. Also the area of base plate on the bass side stud does not come all the way round the trem. On an edge or lopro it would be enclosed on three sides. I have made the same mistake myself when buying trems off **** for projects, it is easy to mix them up.

No question in my mind that that is a lo-trs, and therefore it must be a 470 or lower.

#21 ·
nickcoumbe said:
In fact I will go further. That is a trs. They do resemble the lopro edge in that they have the string retainer screws on top to give it the low profile at the back. Look at the way the wings angle back towards the fine adjusters. The edge and lopro are perpendicular in that dimension. Also the area of base plate on the bass side stud does not come all the way round the trem. On an edge or lopro it would be enclosed on three sides. I have made the same mistake myself when buying trems off **** for projects, it is easy to mix them up.

No question in my mind that that is a lo-trs, and therefore it must be a 470 or lower.
To further your point, it appears to have a chrome logo on the headstock and V pickups, so it should be a Japanese RG470 if it's all stock.

Also, I've always preferred the 550 to the 570. Something about the pickguard on those appeals to me.

My $.02

#23 ·
bluealien said:

Super Wizard not Wizard II man. The super wizard is the 3-piece neck on the later RG5XX models which is slightly thinner than the original wizrd. The wizard II is equipped on the MIK cheaper models which is thicker and rounder than the Orignal Wizard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.