Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Site Contributor: Upgrades / Paid Subscription user help (& giveaways)

9K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  carlosyabrudy 
#1 ·
This space reserved for help with forum "Upgrades" and "Paid Subscriptions.

With the switch to our new, 100% dedicated server I've implimented additional "Paid Subscriptions" which will "upgrade" your forum membership with tangible benefits. You can click the UPGRADES! menubar item or read about them here:
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/payments.php

Q. What is a "Site Contributor" or "Paid Subscription.
Site contributors (seen in their profile and on each post) have contributed to jemsite via vBulletin "paid subscriptions". These contributions help keep jemsite running while also helping to lower our reliance on outside vendors and advertising. In return they get some additional benefits.

Q. I was a "site contributor" but i never got a RENEWAL NOTICE and can no longer see that under my username?
Apologies. Previously (on the old server with vBulletin 3.5x) expiration notices were sent ONCE about 3 days before expiration. That is now changed where two reminders will be sent about 2 weeks and 1 week prior to expiration. The subscription, renewal and expiratation is totally automated but requires your "renewal" & approval.

Q. I dont' use paypal, but I want to purchase a paid subscription.
If you are located in the USA I can accept USPS Postal Money Orders but unfortunately payments from outside the USA can only be accepted via paypal.com

Q. Can't you charge more for advertising and give everyone the same benefits?
Probably, but I wish to be fair to Vendors as well as lessen our reliance on outside advertising to ensure the continuity of jemsite.com as it has existed for over 9 years!

Q. Can a site contributor get suspended or banned?
Hopefully that would be unnecessarry but yes. Any member who behaves inappropriately will be warned and/or given an infraction which can result in suspension or banning.

Q. Is there a list of contributors?
I have not published such a list.

Thanks.... glen

See less See more
#3 ·
I have two unused 5-song iTunes Music Store coupons to give away to current or past (paid senubscription now expired) "site contributors". The cutoff date for eligibility is Wed Aug 16 at 8:00pm. I'll randomly select the winners at that time.

I need a PM reply within 48 hours or alternate(s) will be selected as the coupons must be utilized by Aug 24. No substitutions, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Two winners, 5 songs each. :) ...gl

#13 ·
The status upgrade is not automatic.
Give it a few days for Glen to see it and manually upgrade you.
Shoot him a PM, and he's always right on it.
Mine took 2 weeks--it happens.
Especially when you don't include your user name in the transaction--he's got no way of knowing who's who.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.