Ibanez JEM Forum banner
121K views 325 replies 137 participants last post by  Unique_life 
#1 ·
Look guys,
I appreciate you have an R&D team and a board of execs who all have to be pleased. But PLEASE start and consider your customers feelings. If it is true and you do have people who often visit this site then I'm sure you're already aware that many of us are having our loyalties challenged by the monotany of your line up.
We not asking for you to spend lots of mony on new shape designs etc (far from it we love the RG and RG7) We just want you to start to actualy listen to us and liven up your range a bit.
You know how movie producers test out their new films on audiences before they make any solid decsitions, well you have the perfect oppertunity to do that with this very website.
Had a bit of trouble shifting those RG's with the blue cubed paint finish? Well you could of asked us what we thought of them before you released it.
It's just such a shame that a company once known for being at the fore front of rock guitar is now better known for consistantly producing the blandest catalogue of guitars. Having four different types of black is not something to be proud of.
Please start listening to us, we've stuck with you for years and years but if you continue to produce dull guitars we can't be blamed when things start to fade.

Ben

See less See more
#42 · (Edited)
ok… it has been an idiot question...

first, that question must do with a private message, and don't ask it here.
second, I know that he will respond to me that no, if he does it.
it is like a plea or supplication: "please, you don't do anything against me if I put a ibanez logo".

I know that I shouldn't do it. I only request permission to ibanez. I know that much people request permission to the big companies by similar things (like backup of a CD or DVD, etc.) and i hoped that they allowed me to put the "ibanez jem" logo. I have given my money them buying eight Ibanez guitars.

uhmm... in any case, I will put it. I hope that they don't attack
me. :(

;)

#47 ·
My comment about the tremolos on the signature guitars were aimed at the high end JS and Jems, not the js100, jem555, jem333, etc. I should have been more clear about that.

The ILT-1 tremolo is what's used on the very lower end models, so you can surely see where one would wonder why an endorsee, who could get any bridge they wanted, would choose that particular bridge. But, they're an endorsee, and if that's what they want, that's what they'll get. It'll be interesting to see the custom shop S6. Probably winter NAMM? --Jason

#49 ·
I love Ibanez guitars but, like many here, do find the recent models less inspiring. Some more variety in the Prestige line regarding inlays and binding would be nice.
It would be great to see some options like having the control layout from the JPM (for example) applied to other models, too.

#56 ·
Cool to see someone from Ibanez on here. More seven-strings are needed, there's no doubt about that. A neckthrough (RGT7) would be marvellous, available both with and without tremolos. Something like an RGT7620 and 7621? Not to mention more fretboard options (personally, I'd really like ebony) on the sevenstrings.

#61 ·
agree. i even asked him for an interview on www.ibanez87.it for all of us to know more about his work and our beloved brand, but... *sniff*
anyway, it's a bless he's here to answer our questions! thanks Mr.Tak!

ps: anyone remember the "Hosono Guitar Works" ad in '80s mags? there was a pic of these beautiful blank bodies and necks made by The Man...

#63 ·
Dear Mr. Hosono,

I'm in total agree with society of jemsite. People in here love your products. And i know the biggest market of your corporation is states. So that prices of 1st hand products are acceptable in the states, if we compare the European ones.

I'm not really sure how all transportation processes are going, but in the first thought anyone can think that the budgets must be lower than america, becuse Italy, Spain, Turkiye or England are more closer than states to Korea, Indonesia or even Japan, where ibanez guitars are made...

I just want to know, if there may be improvement program for better, faster and cheaper transportations from guitar builder country to europe. Because with succes of some kind of better transportation process, i believe, better sale quotas can be achieved for all over europe.

And the more i can say in this section is that: More Colours please :) I loved all ibanez guitars with neon and live colours, maple fingerboards since the first time. It was an ibanez classic. By the way, modern ibanez guitars have many actual advantages like 3 or 5 piece reinforced necks for warping, piezo bridges... I find to combine cosmetic advantages of past and strengthness and technological advantages of todays, modern guitars...

Best Regards,

#64 ·
I don't know if any of you have seen it yet, but there is a new RG350 "Exclusive" in "Candy Apple Red" being sold over at the "Music Uno Dos Tres" site. I just saw it yesterday.

If this is Ibanez' way of letting us know they're listening, all I can say is thank you.

Also, I echo the other members in saying "Thank you" to Mr. Hosono for stopping by here once in a while.

#69 ·
Nienturi, it's good to put those kind of inputs (i.e. inputs that don't refer specifically to models or products etc), but i think you should open a specific thread apart and address it to Ibanez in general. that would be the better way for Ibanez reps (not the LACS ppl) to read it. and i would open it on the Ibanez forum also.
probably Mr.Tak would report your questions to some reps but it's not a task of his. Tak's presence here is a bless, we shouldn't "abuse" of it.

#75 ·
Mr Hosano.

Why doesnt Ibanez open up the USA custom shop to the public. That way you can make the lower quality entry level guitars and the whiners can fork over the money to have what they want made. Almost all other guitar makers have USA custom shop option.

As far as the entry level stuff be all that, well if it was people wouldnt be contemplating switching there loyalties to say ESPee,Jackson or even Kramer since they now make reissues of legendary USA guitars. Not being a smart butt here, just making a point that may help Ibanez understand there customers. I myself would choose a custom shop Ibanez over jackson but its not an option. A nice neon pink RG maple board reverse headstock shark fin inlays mahogany bodied with EMGs.

#76 ·
Mr Hosano.

Why doesnt Ibanez open up the USA custom shop to the public. That way you can make the lower quality entry level guitars and the whiners can fork over the money to have what they want made. Almost all other guitar makers have USA custom shop option.

As far as the entry level stuff be all that, well if it was people wouldnt be contemplating switching there loyalties to say ESPee,Jackson or even Kramer since they now make reissues of legendary USA guitars. Not being a smart butt here, just making a point that may help Ibanez understand there customers. I myself would choose a custom shop Ibanez over jackson but its not an option. A nice neon pink RG maple board reverse headstock shark fin inlays mahogany bodied with EMGs.
He already answered that question. And your guitar idea would be hideous.

#79 ·
Here is hoping:

Mr. Hosono,

Is there a chance Ibanez will install locking studs on Edge Pro equipped guitars from the factory, like with older models featuring the Lo Pro/Edge trems? I believe this has been thoroughly requested already, but I am not aware of a response from Ibanez on the subject.

#88 ·
Dear Sir, I've asked exactly the very same question to Hoshino Gakki engineer and he told me two reasons.
#1 Not very many people use the stud locking system. (just like our Custom shop guys do! we don't use them very much)
#2 Some people break off the studs heads because they forgot about locking screws are holding the studs.
Best Regards,

#81 · (Edited)
Hi Mr. Hosono

I have had my 2000 RG3120TW for some years (fantastic instrument) and I have had some other guitars as well between now and then. Now I´m looking to get some more Ibanez' and the other day I was in my local shop and try out several RG's prestige and one JS1200. I´m sorry to say that I was quite dissapointed with the feel/quality.

So I started to look for some J-customs instead, but the more I looked the more it became clear, that I really can´t find an Ibanez that I really want ;o( and I relly want Ibanez'

Are you considering to make some J-CUSTOMS like this:

RG six string with bolt on neck
Selected mahogany for the body
Selected super high quality maple top with multi AAAAAAAAAA flame (not that skinny stuff, but great looking flames)
Superb Prestige maple neck with ebony and small off center dots (no vine stuff, tree of life etc.) 6105 frets.
Matching headstock also with beautiful flame
Sperzel tuners
HH = Air Norton / Tone Zone
Edge pro trem with locking nuts
Chrome fittings
Color suggestions - purple, black, vintage violin
A similar run with quilt could probably sell good too ;o)

Examples:

Flame - http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y255/Straymond/rg8527_04.jpg

Flame - http://222.231.29.153/~tone21/product/20060723214833/20060723214833_l.jpg

Flame - http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/WangDano/RG8670I.jpg

Quilt - http://jcustom.web.fc2.com/mrg-1.htm

Just waiting for some beautiful and perfect instruments from Ibanez and ready to buy ;o))))) I´l take the first two J-CUSTOMS in a heartbeat - One like the 2003 MRG1 with crome and one with purple flame ;o)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.