Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Heads up - Patrick Sims was in a car accident last night.

17K views 127 replies 60 participants last post by  waylay00 
#1 ·
Patrick Sims, of Sims Custom Shop, was in a bad car accident last night. His girlfriend called me this afternoon because has was scheduled to finish working on one of my guitars in the next few days and that now it would obviously be delayed.

He's doing OK at home today. He's got a bump on his head, having a little trouble walking, and he's on meds. Patrick is scheduled to go back to the hospital in a few days to make sure he's doing OK. The accident was bad enough to total his car.

So, if Patrick is doing some work for you right now, expect a delay of at least a few days. The same is true if you're trying to communicate with him via e-mail or phone. Just be patient.

I'll post more info when and if I receive it, assuming of course that Patrick doesn't give us an update himself.

BTW, I'm posting this because Patrick, via his girlfriend, asked me to.

#17 ·
UPDATE: Patrick called me this evening and said he's doing OK, all things considered. He told me that he thought about about buffing someone's guitar body but he decided that wasn't such a good idea when he had trouble standing up. What a trooper. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.