Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Palestine.....why?

4K views 53 replies 18 participants last post by  cerealk 
#1 ·
What ever yout stance and knowledge of Israel & Palestine conflict/history. Lets look at a snapshot of what's currently going on. Israel, if they really wanted, could hand the Palestinians their butts without skipping a beat. They have the technology, but not the will. Palestinians must know this. So they keep lobbing ineffective missles into Israel. It's like poking a dog with a stick. If Palestine wants a war, and has Iran backing of weapons, why don't they just jump in with both feet and throw everything they got. I'm not debating sides here. Just technique. What do you think Palestine is thinking each time they poke the dog with the stick? I know they have religious problems with each other. But darn it. They could live in peace if they just chilled and made the best of it. But if they can't chill, and want all the land. Then why not assemble the troops and march in and take it?

That said. (probably incorrectly) And without having to take a side. What would you do if you were Palestinian General in charge of achieving your goals? What would you do if you were an Isreal General?

Everytime I hear another news story, seems daily, about another missle into Israel. I wonder, what are they doing? Either throw down and get it over with. Or walk away from the fight.

I know we have at least one guy here from Isreal. If your reading this. What do you think Isreal should do?

See less See more
#42 ·
I don't think the debate is to solve the problem of the middle east. Just wondering what other think they would do to end it all. What's nice is an end to the constant barrage of missles killing innocent people. If Palestine is serious about wanting Israel land. Knuckle the heck up and try to take it already, back off or get your butt handed to you by the Isreal army. It just seems that's Isreal's willingness to trade a few innocent lives at time for this pretend peace is wrong headed. True a full on war could and probably would escelate. But this jabbing at each other is solving nothing. Which is why I posed the original question. What to do? I say, start pressing red buttons and see where there dust settles. If everyone is willing to fight and die for their cause, lets get it on.

#49 ·
I don't know enough about the whole issue to say is how it should be,but although there are terrorists operating against the Israeli's there are countless innocents in Palestine suffering without medicine and living in squaller. Instead of being attacked by tanks and jets they should be given aid.
I hope a peaceful solution can be found through both sides finding some kind of compromise and the terrorists laying down their arms to 'give peace a chance'

#50 · (Edited)
Well its my turn to give my input :p

Having many cousins and families in the israeli army, I can tell you that my entire family, in Australia and living in Israel, wishes their children were not in the army. They all wish everyone would just stop fighting. The only true fact in this war is that families who truely love their children on boths sides, deep down want the fighting to stop.

Its the people who fuel their anger by trying to lay blame on one another for things that happened in the past that are continuing the conflict.

Looking to the past for answers is wrong, as both sides have caused pain and suffering. The Israeli / Palestinian conflict, isn't really Israel's only problem, she is surrounded by enemies and is more like a DOG tied to a fence, get close enough and she bites..... but none the less our hands are tied. we cannot go all out war because its not what israel wants and its not what jewish people around the world wants and its not what anyone wants. So Israel just defends when pushed. Its very difficult to deal with people who are ruled by a terrorist group turned political party. Hard to really know their true intentions towards Israel and towards their own people.

The only way this conflict will work, is if Muslims and Jews, learn to respect each others religion, and realise that you should not force your opinions about life, god, or religion onto anyone but yourself.....

That is the root of all wars. Forcing opinions or ideals onto other innocent people....

Muslims around the world, especially those who state publicly that they want israel destroyed or flattened (iran) need to know and accept that Israel will be around for ever. This is the fundamental idea that muslims will not accept, because muslim law states that once arabs occupy a land, it becomes holy to them, and they own it for eternity. This is going to make it very difficult for muslims to let go of Israel.

Unfortunatly, this battle for land, is a religious battle, and religion seems to only end in war.......

#53 ·
Alright. Your neighor comes over your house unannounced once a week. He walks into your house and sucker punches your wife. He all he wants is for you to let him marry her. You can't do anything about it because all the other neighbors on he block think you shlould let him have her. Once you get fed up and take a bat to his head, the rest of the block will be on your dopr step with guns. No worries, you got some big friends across town that sai they would have your back if things got to rough. So, what do you do. Let you neighbor come over give your wife a black eye and fat lip every week? Or do you sit down with her and say, it end now! What ever the outcome, this will not continue to go on. You love your wife and you will both die defending her if you need to. Does Isreal not love it's people who are getting sucker punched all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.