Ibanez JEM Forum banner

JEM Neck and Prestige Neck

6K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  mike570 
#1 ·
Does the RG3120 have the same neck as the JEM? Played a JEM today and it felt a lot faster and easier to handle. How much does a JEM neck run for and could I get a custom built one?

#3 ·
Jesus Christ! That's probably how much my current guitar is worth right now...

I'm not after a JEM neck exactly, but a neck that has the exact same specifications as the JEM (tolerance @ +- 0.0001").

I figured a neck would only be $200 max :/

#4 ·
Jesus Christ! That's probably how much my current guitar is worth right now...

I'm not after a JEM neck exactly, but a neck that has the exact same specifications as the JEM (tolerance @ +- 0.0001").

I figured a neck would only be $200 max :/
yeah, i got my neck from the bay for 600, you would be extremely lucky to find one for 200 and if you do, its a faux most likely.

#7 ·
The 3120 has the wizard neck profile, which is very thin and flat across the back. The JEM necks are a bit thicker and rounder.

On their print ads way back in the day, Ibanez used to show cross sections of the wizard, JEM and whatever neck it is they used on the S-series. It was extremely clear from that picture if you could dig one up.

EDIT: Success!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.