Ibanez JEM Forum banner
5K views 30 replies 18 participants last post by  Ranz 777 
#1 ·
Hi!

I just saw this on the swedish 3bay'ish site called "Blocket", and I thought that it couldnt be a real JEM... It looks pretty fake to me, but I dont know!?

http://www.blocket.se/vi/10902689.htm?ca=21_s

The guy has stated that it is a Real JEM, korean made, and that it's not a Copy at all!

What do you guy's think?

#4 ·
I think one of the best things about Chibanezes is when it's claimed that the guitars Korean-made. If target demographic for these frauds are those uneducated enough to believe that there's a non-Japanese 7V model, why lie about the country of origin? Only those informed enough to know better to steer clear of these altogether would be likely aware of the minutiae regarding Korean, Indonesian, and Chinese manufacturing (which models are made where, etc.).

#8 ·
And there are 8 bids- potentially 8 different bidders who completely ignored the "Jem Jr" decal on the headstock, the sketchy multi-lam neck, the trem, and the fact that it looks like the guy spent about 3 minutes writing up the description.

I reported this to eb*y, but in honestly, I kind of didn't want to. The frauds will stay on the market because they are enabled by the ignorant people who buy them. Whomever would pay over $800 for this POS pretty much deserves to be separated from their money.

#12 ·
I don't suppose there is any way to contact the buyer?
Thought of that also. I went to the link and tried to look at the list of bidders but they're all hidden- I guess they're trying to prevent folks from sending false "second chance" offers to the other bidders. I'd score them a +1 for prevention of fraud after the sale but a -1176.01 for not getting to the bidders earlier!

#13 ·
It sold for over $1100? I'm sure that e-bay also had quite a few of us reporting on this auction too and they did nothing even though they had a few hours.

On the other hand, my girlfriend had her account frozen within MINUTES of listing an authentic Louis Vuitton bag because they admitted that they resort to drastic measures to stem the sales of fakes- even if it means arbitrarily cancelling auctions for the real thing. What's the difference? Fashion accessory knockoffs get more press. If celebrities carried around guitars, maybe e-bay would really care.

#14 ·
If celebrities carried around guitars, maybe e-bay would really care.
Either that, or we need to embrace the possibility of the JEM "LV"-777 with hand-stitched leather on the monkey-grip, grained cowhide locking strap with polished brass appointments, Louis Vuitton little logos all over and "Louis Vuitton" inset at the 24th fret. The bags I saw cost more than my guitar!

#25 ·
I talked to the guy and I told him the truth... he didn't even know that it was a Chibanez, and he had bought it for about $1500-2000 new and it was stated as a JEM 7v... so he said that he was going to remove it from the site and look the guy up that he had bought the guitar from!

#31 ·
I dont mean to upset anyone........especialy the MODS. But because what Im about to say has to do with some "real" Ibanez parts......maybe it will be over looked :smile:
A friend here at work bought one of those "unmentionables" on *-bay a few months back. Poor guy. I didnt know whether to point & laugh, or console him.
Anyway, I offered to try & set it up a little bit.....action, neck tension, intonation, etc.
First thing I noticed right away, was that the neck was sitting in the neck pocket crooked. I told him about it. He bought an RG neck with shark tooth inlay for it. Of course, being a legitamate Ibanez neck, it didnt fit. It was a few milimeters wider, just enough to not let it fit without doing some shaving on it. Ordered a legit Floyd rear mount lock nut, pearl nut cover, shaved the neck, installed & mounted everything.............and its still a crooked hunk of junk. I just got tired of having it around my house & working on it, so I finally just restrung it and gave it back to him. Sad part is.........he still wants to invest yet more money into it now. Have the neck professionaly shaved & fitted, new pick ups, legit Floyd Rose...........well....you get the picture.
The best part is........this same guy keeps telling us all here how different bands around the area that have label interest.....all want him! :lol: :razz: :roll:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.