Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

FS/FT: 2004 Ibanez Jem 7VWH in Australia

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  The 7th 7 
#1 ·
Hi all,

After much deliberation I am selling my 2004 Ibanez JemVWH. This guitar was hand picked in the USA from a bunch of other Jems for its playability and tone.

The rosewood fingerboard is so dark it has been mistaken on a number of occasions for ebony. It is recently been set up for 10-46 strings and comes with white Dimarzio straplocks, original trem bar and Gator hardcase (original Ibanez one was sold).

This Jem has been professionally retrofitted with two things that improve the tone of the Jem's dramatically:

ESP arming adjuster - this baby does a number of things - it can transform the Jem from a floating bridge to a hardtail if you want it to, but it also helps with tuning stability while retaining the use of the floating trem mechanism. It also improves the guitar's resonance and makes playing double stops possible!

I swapped out the stock Dimarzio Evo bridge pickup for a Dimarzio Bridge Breed (in white so you can't tell the difference visually). IMO the stock Evos are very trebly and icepick sounding and don't sound as good as the Breeds which are warmer but still cut through. I have the original bridge Evo lying around somewhere but I'll have to look for it first.

The downsides: the gold screws have oxidised as you would expect for a guitar of this age and the trem is showing some slight pitting. The headstock also has a small bump on the tip. None of these affect the playability of the guitar.

So if you're after a fair dinkum Ibanez Jem that's been loved and made to sound better than other Jems this might just be the one for you! Asking A$2,100 ono.

I'm located in Brisbane, Australia. Will consider partial trade for a PRS Custom 24/22.

PM me for pics!

See less See more
#8 ·
Like he ^^ said I'm asking Australian $1,900 for it which is a fair price.

Expanding my guitar search a bit too - WTT for PRS Custom 24/22, EBMM Axis, EBMM Petrucci JP6, possibly other non-Ibanez guitars. PM me with what you've got!! Will also consider partial trade + cash towards higher end guitars such as Suhr.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.