Ibanez JEM Forum banner

BC Rich Mockingbird ST, and general neck-throu

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Agent540 
#1 · (Edited)
lately(well, all my guitar playing life) i really want a neck-throu, now since Ibanez dropped the RGT line, and i'm tired of 2nd hand guitars, iv'e been lurking ebay/local shops for a nice neck-throu with a floyd/schaller/ibanez bridge (only the ofr/schaller can compete with anything Ibanez makes IMO).

so i got a couple of questions:

1. people, ebay, stores all "recommend" the BC Rich Mockingbird ST, it seems "nice" with a suspiciously low price tag(next to lets say.. an RGT220?)
my prob is, that i never got to actually touch that guitar, or even see it with my own eyes, and all the stores around me want me to put a down payment just so that they can "order" it from the warehouse. so can anyone give their honest opinion about this guitar? also tech specs of the neck would be nice(best would be similar to the ibanez website description - very informative)

2. is a neck-throu with a full-floating-bridge even a good combo? or should i leave floaters to the bolt-on necks?

EDIT: ok the Mockingbird is out of the question, has a 24 and 5/8 neck scale, not a 25.5,

post changed to: RECCOMEND ME GOOD A NECK-THROU WITH A FLOYD FOR A REASONABLE PRICE

ty :)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.