Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Blade guitars

11K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  zombiecookie 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello! I haven't seen a topic about this guitar manufacturer on this forum, so I don't know this guitar maker stands in USA, has anyone heard of it here?

http://www.bladeguitars.com/

Everything relevant about this guitars you can find on this site. I've got Blade RH4 standard model, basically the same specs as classic model (ash body, maple neck). It is hand made in Japan, equipped with locking tuners for tuning stability. Older high-end models were Swiss made, and I think they have one manufacture in California.

What states this guitars as "unique" is their VSC electronics (besides flawless make). There's a mini-switch located between volume pot and 5-way switch and in it's middle position it is in true bypass, passive. Flip it up and you have bass/treble boost. When playing let's say on neck pup (stacked singles) you got almost SRV sound. When using middle+neck pups you'll get almost piezo sound. Flip the switch down, you have mid-boost, almost like you have a tubescreamer onboard! Tube amp goes WILD on dirty channel when you engage mid-boost!
Edit: On the back of the guitar, on a battery compartment you'll see three little holes. Underneath there's three little pots for determining amount of each boost in this order of pots - middle, bass, treble. So you can change settings of specified boost as you wish. And tone pot is push/push for coil splitting of a bridge hum.

See less See more
2 4
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.