Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Jackson U.S.A. Quality?

4K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  ma3hhguy 
#1 ·
I have the chance to buy a Jackson usa select Randy Rhodes model for a good price and I was wondering if anybody out there knows how good the quality and workmanship is on Jackson guitars since fender took over. I was also wondering about what everyone on the Jemsite thinks of Jackson. Any thoughts and opinions are welcome. Thx!:smile:

#2 ·
dude go for it, i'm sure it's amazing; my good friend owns a ton of high end ibanez, esp, caparison, jackson usa stuff and he says his usa rhodes v is the best guitar he has, and he has several that cost quite a bit more.

The new Charvels look amazing , so I'd say Fender is doing well!

#3 ·
These days I can't remember the whens and whats of these takeovers andwhen things changed, but although I'm UK based and thus haven't seeb a huge amount of USA Jacksons, I don't remember ever seeing a bad one though.

I foresee a Jackson USA in my future.

#4 ·
I just recently purchased a Jackson SL2H-MAH in trans black. It was made in November of 2010. I have to admit it is by far the highest quality guitar I have in my colection. The craftmanship is flawless. I have 3 Jackson USA's and all of them are top notch. I also have the made in Japan Jackson Kelly KE3 Pile-o Skulls, and it's an OK guitar it plays and sounds nothing like the USA KE2T I have. In fact I'm going to be putting EMG's in it to help clean up the mud under high gain.

I have yet to play a bad USA Jackson.

#8 ·
Yes you can lower the mid pickup, This is gonna sound crazy but i do it on all my guitars that have a middle pickup but i really like the three pickup config. I dont like the sound as much on a guitar with just two pickups. even though i lower the middle singlecoil i still like one there. Not that i ever use it but it would sound different without it, I think it has to do with the extra string pull from the singlecoil magnet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.