Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD x2 Wolfgang vs Axis

3K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  masterdebradwick 
#1 ·
hahaha what a fantastic day.

I've been playing both for a little while today. Heres my synopsis.

Objective review first :

EBMM -> Fit and finish are supreme on this thing. Better then the wolfgang for sure. Neck to die for (albeit so is the wolfgangs :D), sperzel locking tuners, kinda V shaped neck for some reason. Frets are great. Fairly light due to the bass wood body.

Wolfgang -> Very akin to the Axis of course. Definitely has some lineage, however, it seems like an evolution from EVH's model with EB. First thing I noticed, its HEAVY! Holy crap, about twice the weight of the axis, no joke. Very stable floyd rose, hardware is top notch. has larger dot inlays (not a fan). The fit n finish details are still "top notch" but not the quite on the same level as the ernie ball somehow. Neck is a lot more C shaped then the Axis, but it flattens out more down past the 12th fret. Much much MUCH louder then the axis unplugged. Quite possibly one of the loudest solid body electrics I've heard with my own two ears. D tuna is AWESOME!!!

Subjective Opinion -> man this sucks. The axis plays better, but doenst sound near as good. The wolfgang sounds INCREDIBLE. Pickups, acoustic, everything is better. They shipped it out with freaking 11's on the wolfgang, so maybe thats why it doesnt play "As well" to me and may make up for the acoustic volume as well, so I'll change them and get back to you. For right now, the wolfgang is definitely in the lead though...

Made a quick comparison video, I'll do some recording later.

Pictures!

See less See more
1 6
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.