Ibanez JEM Forum banner

custom guitar maker

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Shockme.au 
#1 ·
Afternoon everyone,

A while back I stumbled on a custom guitar maker to whom you have to apply to buy one of his guitars. He will then decide if you are "worthy" of playing his guitars.

He has a website on which he comes across as an arrogant prick.

If anyone can link me to the website it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Liam

#7 ·
What a TOOL! I though Ed Roman was bad, but this guy is just completely absorbed in his own arrogance. Not only do you have to prove your "worth" for him to build you a guitar, but heaven forbid you visit any guitar forums. This one's my favorite from his home page:
"I was recently set straight regarding the Internet when complaining about the astonishing ignorance and the masses of stupid vermin found on guitar forums. I was told by the fourth most dedicated Z player that "You put it out there on the Internet. There is no moron filter available for e-mail. It is what it is. Get over it."

But its just astonishing to me! They all live on guitar forums and masturbate around a circle with their equals. This is why I call them Circle Jerks. Its just not a good scene. Its nothing more than a disgusting public toilet. In fact that is exactly what a guitar forum is. A public toilet. There you have losers from everywhere congregating for group support and growing their stupidity under the cowardliness of anonymity. They don't have to prove any ability or accomplishment, not even their identity.

Take this for example: "I really like his guitars. too bad you gotta kiss his ass for him to even consider making you one."

No you don't have to kiss my ass. All you need to do is prove to me that you can actually play the guitar and prove to me that you are not a moron. Just give me evidence for these two simple requirements and I will make you the best guitar in the world. Its as easy and simple as it gets.

Or how about this circle jerk?

I just don't know what kind of person would want to be part of that particular club. :dunno

The ones part of this club are all those who have proven that they can play the guitar and have a certain amount of intelligence. They now own and play the best electric guitars in the world."

#8 ·
I think he's eccentric definitely. But I really don't have a problem with him. I mean, how many guitars a year do you think he makes? Sounds like he's a one man operation. I think if I could make a great guitar, I would be a little worried someone would buy it and then just leave it in its case . . . Though I wouldn't worry about it as much as Zachary seems to. I'd like to play one to see if he really knows his ****.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.