Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD: Breedlove Acoustic Guitar

2K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  metalgod72 
#1 · (Edited)
Well it is kind of a NGD...

So about a month ago a buddy of mine house sits for the weekend. He goes to tune my beloved Breedlove then

SNAP!!!!

The bridge comes off.... Not sure what kind of crazy a$$ tuning he was trying to do b/c I had it tuned standard with 11's (extra light gauge) for a couple of years with no problems...

So I call Breedlove (BL) directly to see how much it would cost to repair. The first question they asked me was...

"Did you buy it brand new?".... I responded "YES, I sure did"... which entitles me to a life-time warranty on repairs.... How great is that??

So a couple of weeks go by and then I receive a call from the Tech over at BL.. He proceeds to tell me that my guitar has been fixed but it they are not happy with the way the it is performing...

Turns out that they changed the design of the bridge on their new models which now have a bigger and more secure block. When they tried to apply the new design to my guitar it made the action higher than usual.

They did not want to send my guitar back to me in that condition... So...

THEY UPGRADED me to a comparable model..

(Stage C/25 SR)

I bought my guitar on Clearance at GC a couple of years ago for around $400.. The model they are upgrading me to for runs from $800-$1000...

They also covered the shipping on the way back to me and threw in a matching BL hardcase...

Not only do they make Killer guitars...their customer service and quality control are excellent as well... I eventualy need to add an acoustic nylon string guitar to the arsenal and I know what brand I will be getting..

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Dude... You need to give them a try.. I have said this many times before.. I will tell you that my old AC/25 SR plus can stand shoulder to shoulder to Taylor's, Martin, that cost 3X as much....Just read the reviews from other owners..

I have also have heard great things about Seagull and Godin... But for me I think will be a loyal BL support from this experience.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.