Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD...Ernie Ball Petrucci BFR Roasted...need opinions

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Metlupass2 
#1 ·
Picked this up yesterday and I have to say I have not bonded with it yet...
This is the limited run from August of last year, Roasted Neck, Black Sugar Finish, with the Piezo. At first play, I loved it, but it feels "stiff" compared to my 38 Ibanez ;)

Anyone have any comments, encouragement, discouragement, etc.?
I gassed so hard for this and the fact I am not totally stoked once I got it pretty depressing.
Thanks...

http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t115/metalgod72/Ernie Ball JP6 BFR Roasted Neck/

#6 ·
"these aren't the droids you're looking for "waves hand in front of your face" hee hee.

I am picking it up in a little while from the tech...so I am hopeful I will feel a difference...I played about 6 Ibby's in a row this morning and they all smoked it...so if this is the case I will be moving it...

#8 ·
If you feel like it, please post your results :).

I have a BFR Roasted too, well, the JPX version. I did notice that is much stiffer than my Iba's with the same string gauge. Wonder what you had going with the hybrid set.

Thanks!

I am picking it up in a little while from the tech...so I am hopeful I will feel a difference...I played about 6 Ibby's in a row this morning and they all smoked it...so if this is the case I will be moving it...

#9 ·
All the JPs I've had/played seem to have a stiffer feel, even with the same strings as other guitars. I'm not sure how or why, but they do. It is one of the things that I love about them though...that small amount of added tightness makes me feel more in "control"

#11 ·
So all it took was six weeks of playing? To go from disappointment to love?

If I use the word "fickle" to describe your guitar tastes, I hope you won't be offended. Many of us have changed what we play as time goes by.

I played one of these and was very impressed. Great guitar. Glad you like it. Rock on!

Peace

Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.