Ibanez JEM Forum banner

ESP George Lynch M-1 Tiger...anyone ever play one?

10K views 23 replies 15 participants last post by  zombiecookie 
#1 ·
I'm kind of *** for George Lynch. There are a few other guitarists I really like, but I always come back to Lynch as the guy I wish I could play and sound like. With that in mind, I keep looking at the ESP signature Lynch guitars and this one always stands out to me.

There are a few things about it that really stand out to me:

1. Solid maple body
2. Maple fretboard
3. 22 frets
4. Completely 80's look

The solid maple body is the big thing that intrigues me. It's just such a different guitar than anything I own. Only one of my guitars has a maple board (Jem SK) and I definitely prefer 22 frets, although I own three of those (RBM2, RBM1, 540P).

Has anyone ever played one of these? What did you think? I really wish it had a neck single coil, but that's picking nits.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well I have a solid walnut body on a custom rg. It is apparently similar to maple in tone, so I would say it would be a bright guitar.

It does growl and I do love it, but it can get too bright at the top end.

The thickness of body would make a difference and mine is quite thin, so a thicker one might have a deeper sound.

#9 ·
ESP launched an LTD sig 600 series model of this guitar with almost exactly the same specs in limited amounts. Real Floyd rose, SD Screamin Demon, all maple. According to George it's the same guitar with LTD on the headstock. You can find these for $600-700 bucks on ebay occasionally :) The limited edition case that came with these though are wayyyy cool.

#10 ·
I have a Skulls and Snakes and Kamikaze 1. The Kamikaze is super heavy. The Skulls and Snakes is about the same as any super strat. The necks are thin but wide. They have been trouble free. Zero maintenance. The Kamikaze was used of the Bay but both did not require any setting up. Been stable as a rock.

#14 ·
That's the Sunburst Tiger. Finish is a bit different,it has an ebony board and adds the neck single coil. The necks on all the Lynch guitars use a 43mm nut but have a 45mm wide neck, so the neck iswider than most people are used to. My 540P has a 45mm nut and neck and it takes a minute to get used to.

#20 · (Edited)
The body is a bit different. I know this because the Kamikaze is the only guitar that will fit in the case it came with.

FYI mine was modded with a mini toggle pickup selector and tone knob. Its supposed to have a push pull knob like the Skull and Snakes. It was done professionally by a previous owner, but the back was routed so it looks factory. I only paid like $750 for the guitar almost 2 years ago so it didn't bother me that much.

The pickups on the S&S have been changed back to Seymour Duncans.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.