Ibanez JEM Forum banner

gibson les paul supreme

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  almcg2 
#1 · (Edited)
hi all

ive been looking at gibson lp supremes and ive noticed that the alpine white custom is alot thicker than any standard lp, can some explain why? and does anyone have any pics of theres they wouldnt mind sharing and if possible a side shot of it to see the difference?
also is the epiphone custom alpine whute custom the same thickness?

thanks
rob

#13 ·
Customs do look thicker, but I never bothered to check if the actually are or not. It could just be the multiply front and back binding make them look thicker, or maybe the way they put the binding on adds thickness?

It bums me out because I would like an all mahogany LP but MF just raised the prices of the Vintage Mahogany to $1000 and I'm not interested in getting one of the Historic RI Customs.

#14 ·
For those who still are wondering, years later.... Yes supreme are thicker and heavier. They also do not have rear access to the chambers, instead, you get to all the guts through the hole behind the extra large jack plate. It also typically has a much beefier sound than a standard LP. They look great and sound awesome. I own a 2004 in wine red, mahogany back with non-flame maple cap. Love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.