Ibanez JEM Forum banner

If you could go back to 1987 and buy a brand new LNG...

Tags
edge lng vai
3K views 29 replies 23 participants last post by  NSR 
#1 · (Edited)
It would look just like this. Just arrived, complete with the original receipt.

100% mint with the original strings, all plastic still on the pickguard and cavity covers, all paperwork, and original case. Big thanks to my buddy Mike for working this deal out for me.

Brett

www.gilaguitars.com

#22 ·
wow, that's an incredible find. What would be the chances of picking up an unused, brand new condition, nearly 25 year old guitar? Pretty damn slim.

Question is, how and why did someone buy one back in 87 and not use it? How is that possible? Purely a collector?

I love how it's even got the palm rest plate on it. Rare

#29 ·
If I could go back to 1987 and invest 1590 I would sure as hell end up with a lot more than 2mil from Apple!

But that is a nice guitar, no question :) I wanted one so bad, but actually believed the Sam Ash guys who told me there was no way in hell any Ibanez would ever cost more than a grand in the months leading up to the release. I just wasn't ready for the high price and just like that they were gone. Did get an 88 FP, which was a decent guitar (though not great) but I never got over that missed LNG.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.