Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Santa Claus had a GMC in his sack for me this Xmas

3K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Macka 
#1 ·
Okay, here's what the Wife got me for Xmas

Pretty cool or what?

This is one of the best GMC swirls I've ever seen and I thought it was sold back in may....well........it was.....to my wife that is HAHAHA!

#9 · (Edited)
Wow! Congrats! That is some beautiful work. Was that an ET Guitars collaboration?

Here's some inspiration to get your project started ;)

Yep, this is one of the most beautiful GMC's I've ever seen. Thanks for that pic, it'll get me by for a little while. If there's one thing about getting custom guitars made, you need to have patience.

My wife went through Herc directly by getting into my email and sending him a message back in May this year. I had no idea. I did drool over this body for a while once pictures came through on the email but had no money at the time....or so I thought.

Ernie at ET's will be doing the build. PAF Pro's for pickups or what? What did the old GMC's have? It was PAF's right?

#7 ·
Hey buddy, I love your youtube videos. What a great woman, she really knows what a true work of art is! Can't wait to see the finished guitar! Could you possibly shoot me a pm, just interested in getting a replacement neck for my PBK and would like to know maybe a ballpark price range on the price they charged you for your amazing white and black jem with the white pyramid inlays.

Thanks, Amazing work, and happy holidays!

Brett

#8 ·
If there's one thing about my wife, it's that she supports my hobby and passion for guitars (probably because my hobby brings money into the household via gigging most weekends) Though I don't own many guitars, I think she realizes that it's a passion that's growing stronger by the minute. Four years ago, she got me my 7VWh for my Birthday too. She knows how to please.

This GMC is beautiful......I can't stop whipping it out for a look.

#10 ·
Awesome Gmc!!!! Definitely one of the best i've seen. Herc's definitely one of the best if not the best swirler on the planet. When I first received my body in the mail, at least 4 times a day for the first 2 weeks i'd have to open the box and just stare at it lol. The whole build process has got me hooked and i'll probably never own another production guitar. Unless it's really special haha.

#13 ·
Congrats man. You are a lucky man with a wife like that. If she bought you a OOTS swirl, she would have been even better ;) because we all know who the best swirler in the world really is. Al can do it all, whatever style of swirl YOU prefer.

I'm not loving this Herc Fede swirl. I do love his work, but his GMC colors are a bit off compared to ATD. When you put a Herc swirl and an original ATD GMC next to each other, you will instantly see the huge difference in color.

#16 · (Edited)
I guess it all comes down to personal tastes. I don't like any of OOTS's swirls, they're not swirls, should just call them lines from too much dragging in the water instead of straight dips. A lot of people love it though, can't say I'm a fan at all. Same with ATD's as well. Herc easily does the best work for my money and I've been wanting one of his swirls for many years now. They're even, not zigzaggy or liney and utterly jawdropping in person.

This GMC is easily one of the most badass I've seen, and I'm stoked to own it. Gonna look killer when done.

#18 ·
Looks great Macca!!! I personally love Hercs swirls as well. OOTS is a bit too 'perfect' looking for my tastes. My G/F got me a transformers towel for x mas and I thought that was epic hahah

I'm chomping at the bit to receive my UVMC swirl and necks from ET, only another 4 month wait.......

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.