Ibanez JEM Forum banner

2012 Ibanez catalog

8K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  CSwick_2 
#1 ·
#10 ·
Agreed...not really anything new to get excited about...not much new period...the green S is nice but did we really need another yellow RG? How about some RG's with maple necks in colours other than black and yellow...oh wait they added an orange one...and the sea foam green Jem is...hmmm...not my idea of a nice colour for a guitar...why don't they start making some more original design FP's? I see so many people gassing for them...including me...but then they would probably charge outrageous prices for them...

#13 ·
This better not all what they have to offer. Hell if this catalog is right, they're going backwards. They got rid of some colors. Do you like black, black or that awesome other color black. If I have to wait through NAMM just to see they cut back on their colors, I'm going to be extremely disapointed.

They gave flare to their gio line but not their higher models.....

#22 ·
"Sea Foam Green"....Really?

To me that seems very much like a "Let's use Steve's name to make money with an ugly guitar" thing...

If I was going to pay that much for a Jem it would be the 7VWH...No ifs ands or buts about it. "Sea Foam Green" is just about the ugliest color on a guitar that I've ever seen...

#23 · (Edited)
"Sea Foam Green"....Really?

To me that seems very much like a "Let's use Steve's name to make money with an ugly guitar" thing...

If I was going to pay that much for a Jem it would be the 7VWH...No ifs ands or buts about it. "Sea Foam Green" is just about the ugliest color on a guitar that I've ever seen...
lol this forum is funny sometimes.

Neon green, pink and yellow hilighter marker colors are ok, but not sea foam green, huh? Mother of toilet seat on lily white and gold hardware isn't over the top, but seafoam green is!

Gaudy swirled purple, yellow, green, pink, and whatever other crayons the dog ate before he had to vomit them on your guitar is cool, but not seafoam green, no way, that one's over the line!!!

In summation:

dated = cool
timeless = ugly

Sorry to put words into your mouth, but I couldn't resist. :lol: I own and cherish one of those dated neons, btw before you get any come-back ideas. ;) Also, timeless it may be, but not everyone likes seafoam green. No insult intended, that wasn't really directed at you. Just a funny observation about what passes for acceptable on Jemsite. :D

#24 ·
Haha well, I personally am not a huge fan of the neon colors or the swirls.

I think if Ibanez really wanted to sell the Jem, they'd drop the price about $1000, put a figured maple top on it, and offer some -less- classic strat colors.

The VWH is iconic for a reason...it's white with gold....simple, yet elegant. Sea Foam Green is neither of those things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.