Ibanez JEM Forum banner

here's something different... put some glow in the dark strings on my Ibanez Jem

Tags
glow jem
3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  mystixboi 
#1 ·
As much as I dig my Jem... it's not as flashy as other Jems. I came across these DR glow in the dark strings. I put them on tonight... they sound pretty good so far, but feel kind of weird... we'll see though...

here's a before shot...

with the glow in the dark strings and a black light....

I'll post a review with a clip later this weekend...

See less See more
#6 ·
i used them on my 7vwh. i found out quick that they are very tempormental. i usually stretch my strings as i tuned it up, totally ruined a set. couldnt get them to stay in tune to save my life! the G string and the E string would go flat after 3 mins of playing. (honestly i was doing quite a few dive bombs with the whammy lol) so basically i threw them out and started a new. (bought 3 sets out of the gate) got green, orange and pink)

so then i did the greens, didnt stretch em, and got them to stay in tune. the coating started to wear off so i put em away for a showcase gig. well, that never happend so i wanted to put them on my JS-100. i took the greens and mixed it with orange and alternated strings. Very awsome turn out!

i put up pics in the joe satriani model section under "my JS-100"

i gave the strings a mild rating of 5/10, maybe pushing up to 7/10 because of the fans checking my guitar out more. i sometimes feel shock value adds to a product. i mean, thats why we play JEM's! we are a bunch of show off's lol!

#8 ·
i gave the strings a mild rating of 5/10, maybe pushing up to 7/10 because of the fans checking my guitar out more. i sometimes feel shock value adds to a product. i mean, thats why we play JEM's! we are a bunch of show off's lol!
hahaha... i totally understand. i might keep them on longer if i played out, but i don't... so the shock value(which is totally what I would use them for) is lost... probably the worst playing strings i've used in a long time.... but i dig the look

#7 ·
Put some on my VDY

Only problem I had was string balance, the G was either much louder or much quieter than the others (can't remember which) so went back to the gold plated ones I normally used, was probably a duff set as I've used the pink and blue without issue, slightly odd feel, but damn cool!
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.