Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1990 UV77MC with original Edge and not LoPro?

1K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jonnyboy mills 
#1 ·
I have a 1990 UV77MC that has an original Edge trem and not the Lo Pro that the spec chart says it should have. Is this just an early one before the Lo Pro? I don't play it, and have thought about selling it, but I would like to find this out before I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Well these were done by more than one Swirler. Darren did these until they decided to do batches without him in Japan. It is possible someone replaced it but more likely this was a Japanese swirled guitar done cheaper and with lower end trem. Doubtful anyone would purposely do this. My gut feeling is that the finish is good, but Darren does a bit more "action" on his swirling. Just look at a gmc. This could make it an MKR (mustard, ketchup, relish) finish that Vai despised coming out of Japan and not swirled by darren Johansen. Production was killed with the mkrs. Maybe this is the best of the worst? A lot of mustard in this one.... Either way, cool axe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.