Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need some opinions on this OOTS swirl (please take a look)

7K views 56 replies 18 participants last post by  moebius 
#1 ·
Hey guys, I received this swirled UV body from Alan on 2/14/2012. I just want some opinions on what you guys think of this and if you would be happy with a body that showed up like this:

There are the pics and needless to say, I was extremely disappointed when this showed up. There were no photos on the site that showed that there were so many white/thin spots in the finish and that there was barely any finish on the inside of the horns. Also, there is so much rubbing compound inside the cavities, its impossible to get off and some of it seems as if its under the clear coat. Also, the back is extremely faded. To you guys that have OOTS bodies, do your guitars have these same things going on, and did you receive your guitars with a ton of rubbing compound in the cavities?

Alan told me it may be a good idea to come here and ask to see some of your OOTS swirls to compare, so thats what I'm doing. I've been in contact with Alan and told him that I am not happy with the body and asked for at least a partial refund. Alan told me to send the body back and he'll give me a full refund (minus the shipping cost) and will sell the body to someone else. Now here's the kicker with that. I already paid $66 to have the guitar shipped to me in the USA, and also paid a $35 bank fee to have a wire transfer sent to Alan. Now if I ship the guitar back, I have to pay another $66 to ship a guitar back that should've never showed up like this? It all just seems a little unfair to me, especially after the price that these bodies go for and you want them to meet your expectations. I also feel that the pics on the site are a bit misleading to the actual product. Thoughts? Opinions?

-Phil

See less See more
#55 ·
This thread reminds me why I got out of retail sales all those years ago and went working on my own driving a powder tanker:)
I personally think you are over reacting, from what I can see Alan has been more than reasonable with you and he has every right to not want to do any more business with you. I think I would say exactly the same if I were in Alans shoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.