Ibanez JEM Forum banner

UV77MC - To play or not to play

3K views 30 replies 20 participants last post by  uv77re 
#1 ·
Just traded all of my toss around guitars for a 91 UV77MC. That leaves me with it and a 88 JEM77FP. They are both holy grails of playability and tone to me but is it risky to play them too often? Not gigging with them but every time they come down from the wall there is a risk of damage. What do you guy's do with your more rare guitars?

#31 ·
I have an UV77RE and play it everyday at home and private jams and gigs however it is a rare and expensive guitar that i will not be able to replace so i also have a second hand 97 UV7BK which is my take anywhere guitar. BUT do not leave a guitar in it's case or on the wall, it was made to make a noise. I would be more scared that the guitar would fall off the wall hanger than through damaging it from playing. By the way my black UNI is played hard and has stood up to the abuse with only minor scars so i can vouch for the fact that these guitars are durable. Go Play.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.