Ibanez JEM Forum banner
11K views 50 replies 37 participants last post by  skrewflanders 
#1 ·
i performed "eruption" at my high school last year, the whole student body went nuts! and this year i'm thinking about what to do that would be as extreme, but not repepitive to last year... any suggestions?

#27 ·
learningtolive said:
It went really well and completely suited the more deep/sorta jazzy feel of the night, so I'd highly recommend playing it!
Awesome mate glad it went well :)

There's nothing like the feeling of playing for people, especially something like FTLOG, did you just want to do it all again afterwards? :D

I always think you've played something well if when you've finished playing it you can't actually remember playing through it ;) Mystical!!

#32 ·
Hey ,

I am playing The Animal , Juice , Starry night , 7 string song demo and FTLOG tomorrow and I think the Animal really has that groove that people want , FTLOG also off course ! ;)

I did FTLOG about 2 years ago ( dunno what grade that is bcos here in Belgium it's another counting , I whas 14-15 back then ) , and alot of people loved it ... ( 95 % were non - musicians )

not2

#33 ·
Andelusion said:
Awesome mate glad it went well :)

There's nothing like the feeling of playing for people, especially something like FTLOG, did you just want to do it all again afterwards? :D

I always think you've played something well if when you've finished playing it you can't actually remember playing through it ;) Mystical!!
Funnily enough that was true, I couldn't really remember playing through it after I was done.

ibanezrg520kid said:
funny...I'm in 11th too and i just learned that song. Did all go well at the show?
Yup, great cheers. Many teachers congratulated me afterwards. One of them commenting that he had never realised electric guitar could be such an emotive instrument before, which was perhaps the best compliment of all, as the emotions are what I was desperately trying to achieve.

#44 ·
Well I'd say Racer X's Viking Kong as it's *not* that difficult to play. If you have a whammy pedal you may be able to do without a second guitar player. The solo section does have a WOW factor to it when other tunes can be basically boring for a non guitar audience. This is something I've tried looking at. All the cool guitar tunes WE like Bad Horsie etc are all cool but to a non guitar playing audience they seem to take ages to get to the solo especially if ya want to show off to your classmates they won't really want to see how nice the melody line is

I like to think of it as tunes for the MTV 2nd Generation where there's a 90 second attention span if your lucky.

Groove or Die by Andy Timmons would be another cool one but that's a tad trickier. And I think if you can play it you need to be seen not to be taking yourself too seriously other wise you'll look like a fret ****er doing excersises on stage.

Ya need to impress without seeming to want to impress ;) Well that's how I see it.

#51 ·
haha didn't know that anyone had posted on this thread recently. it has been a few years, seeing as how i graduated 6 years ago and never posted anything about it. I auditioned SRV's "Lenny" and didn't get in sadly. I played it alone and it was probably the worst decision I could have made but doesn't really matter now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.