Ibanez JEM Forum banner

My first JEM or UV

Tags
pgm universe
1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  paulramon1992 
#1 ·
Hey all. I'm in a pickle. I've played Ibanez guitars before, and I love them, but until now I've never been so close to buying one. I'm playing a Fender tele right now, and it's got a glossy neck which makes it almost impossible to play fast on it, so I've decided after much consideration to get a JEM or UV. I've found used JEM7VWH from $1300, which is a real steal, and a UV7BK (green trim) for the same price. I also like Paul Gilbert, and I found a pgm500 for about $1000. Which of these do you think would be the best buy? I'm leaning towards the JEM7VWH. I mean, would you get a Premium JEM for $1300 or a J Craft for the same price? What do you all think?

#5 ·
chances are, you won't be that much faster on the Jem. It'll be more comfortable though, I definitely agree. Also, I do the same as you. I believe in teles and strats for a real blues tone. Solid bodied alder matched with single coils give you that smooth and yet crispy blues rock tone that a high output humbucker just can't get right.

#9 ·
I have to cast a vote for the Jem - I have a 2004 model Jem7vwh and it is my best playing guitar - the neck is still the best feeling neck out of any Ibanez I've ever played...at the end of the day you really have to try both and see which one feels better in your hands - you will know when you pick it up and feel the neck...7 strings sound cool and are good for certain things but I could never have one as my main guitar cuz I don't like the wider necks but that's just me....my point is that you have to try them out and see which on feels best and go with that one....

btw - I would still sand the neck on your Tele - I can't stand gloss finish on necks...it's easy to do - you just want to sand it a bit to smooth it out - it's easy - I did it to my Strat about 15 years ago and it's still all good...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.