Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Steve Vai's P&W Universe Prototype Guitar

14K views 56 replies 37 participants last post by  Thomss79 
#1 ·
Hey Folks,
Just thought id share this photo of me back when i was 18 (many years ago) with Steve Vai's Universe guitar from the cover of Passion & Warfare, it was also used on the album and later Steve gave it to my friend, Thomas McRocklin (or McLaughlin as he is known now).
Such an amazing guitar and a piece of history.
Im hoping to meet with the guitar again soon, and if so ill post more pics!
Cheers, Nick

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Great pic and great info on the history of it. Steve Vai P&W was one of those break through albums for me when I was younger. I have always been a Vai fan, even during Flexable, and also watching Steve in Crossroads as Jack Butler was cool. Listening to his playing, and that guitar, while he was with Whitesnake kept having me look through the Ibanez catalogs just drooling over the possibility to own one like it. I have had the life sized cardboard poster of the P&W album promo with Steve on it. (I think somebody has one like it for sale around here). Anyway, good info and pic. That's a memory to last a lifetime and to actually be holding it is really groovy!

#24 ·
HOLY WOW!......the guitar that kicked off my obsession with the PAW swirl (which I still don't own but desire to...one day....)

Seriously though, that guitar on the PAW cover just blew me away. I think I was 15 at the time and I couldn't stop looking at it and thinking "how the f**k did they do that?" and "I bet it's a one off and no one can buy them"

My dream guitar of all time. One of these days........

#31 ·
Nah, I don't play that guitar. To be honest I think it still has the original strings on. It's an awesome thing to look at and check out etc, but I never really got on with the Seven string guitars - I have a black early edition 7 string somewhere too which never got played hardly. I'll try and dig a pic of it taken more recently in storage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.