Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Adam Ross is pretty damn good

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  rastachild 
#1 ·
So a few years ago I got my girlfriend Rihanna's Good Girl Gone Bad DVD for Xmas.... among other things.

As soon as she watched it (I was there too but only sort of listening and googling stuff..... as you do) back sometime in 2009 I was impressed by the guitarist in Rihanna's backing band.
Every so often in the middle of unbearable pop music the guy would slip in a crazy shredy solo that somehow was not totally out of place.

Watching the end credits I found out his name is Adam Ross and tried googling him but had no luck.
I found out he was based in LA and that he is a session/touring musician but that was it, no youtube videos or magazine articles.

Fast forward three years and something last night reminded me of this guy so I promptly googled him again and this time I managed to find a little something.
Check him out, he's pretty good, esp considering this is live.

#8 ·
he's really good, but i disagree that he's doing anything that is outside of nuno's abilities. great phrasing, fast picking, sweeps and multi-string tapping...sounds like nuno to me.

also, doesn't look like nuno has replaced him, but is the 2nd guitarist in the band. there are vids i found where they are trading leads.

#4 ·
I didn't know Nuno got this gig, according to his website he's done the guitar work on the last three Rihanna tours.
Considering how good Adam Ross is I really don't understand why they felt they needed Nuno in the band. *puzzled*

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.