Ibanez JEM Forum banner

tuners hard to turn rg1570

965 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  RGTFanatic 
#1 ·
so off my tuners are hard to turn i just got the guitar it looks to have 1046s on it not the factory 942s. i tried the torque screw loosening it alot and it didnt help. guitar is a 2004 with gotohs. is the headstock string retainer to tight maybe? it looks to be pushing down on the strings pretty hard, some of the tuners turn easy the low e and high e are very hard and maybe a few others but a few are easy. should i take the nut of the tuners and takme the tuner out to lube it when apart or what do you think its the 1046s?. (and yes the nut is unlocked)

#3 ·
release the string tension to see if the tuner is still tight. If it is, slightly loosen the screw that holds the tuner button on while holding the button steady. Did that help?? If not, the tuner itself needs to be dismantled and repaired, or replaced.

It's also possible that the string is binding on the tuner post. It's not likely, but possible

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.