Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Build treva (6fingers) free guitar thread.

27K views 277 replies 32 participants last post by  andrewsfury 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys. Some of you know about this but here we go. Also i posted this in here because there will be a guitar built to show progress pics as well.

My friend treva lives in brazil and guitars are so out of price range there expecially coming from usa.

He has been wanting a swirl for so long to no evail.

I told him i would make hime one for free and then Alaskabat offered him a neck.

Rgtfanatic offered him a free original edge trem kit.

Then some others offered stuff as well.

So i needed to make an official thread for anyone wanting to help us.

He will make a song and youtube video when he gets it for us all to enjoy what we did.

The guitar will be a jpm hh style body with claw and no grip. swirled with matching headstock .

any parts you want to donate please post here.

Also i would like to offer 1 of these guitars every year for a member who is cool and deserving of it with you guys help.

im sure treva will post some renderings of what it will look like with his photoshop skills lol.

I am putting it together here and shipping finished to him i believe.

This spring i will have the body ready for him .

Thanks to anyone who wants to help a dream come true.

Things needed still.
Pickups. hopefully pink dimarzios.
electronics.
tuners etc.
a good case to ship it in.
knobs.
clear guard to fit. (if not i will).

See less See more
#212 ·
I must be missing something here............

Don't I, being an adult man, have the right to build, donate, or otherwise distribute freely anything I want to anyone I want??

If anybody remembers, Treva and I got off to a very rough start. I WAS one of the guys that called him out for being obnoxious, and I did it in a rather direct way. It took a lot of talking between the two of us to realize that, even with our VERY different approaches to life and people, we have a lot in common and make damn good friends. Sure, you may think I have the wool pulled over my eyes, but the fact is that treva always expressed to me his thoughts and views BEFORE I let him know what mine were. It's not that I was trying to figure him out, he's just always quick to speak his mind..... I'm cool with that.

@Yousef........... Your right, there are others here on Jemsite that deserve to have dream guitars built for, and given to them. I assure you that exactly that is being done as we speak.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents...............

Ryc

#216 ·
wow.
anyways still waiting on parts.
looks like i will have to make this the most awesome guitar of the year now.
For what its worth building this for treva is a kickoff of this idea.

The next person chosen for one will be voted for by the people who donate.

So if you dont donate this time DONT WHINE next time for who is chosen.

This thread is for a good thing so lets keep it that way please.

#218 ·
I've avoided this thread because Treva and I have had some 'issues', we'll say...

I think it's great when friends want to do nice things for their friends, no matter what others think of the person.

The only thing I really want to say is to Treva...

I get that you 'joke' when you think people ask/say stupid things, but you have to realize that in text/print, jokes don't always come across as such and it's true, people do take what's said on the Internet seriously because there are PEOPLE behind the keyboards that are typing the words.

If you said to someone in person that they are dumb for asking a question that they simply didn't know the answer to, or they thought they knew and just wanted verification, or if you made fun of them for something that they said, how do you think they would react?

Only difference here is they can't punch you in the nose over the Internet. ;)

I'm not talking your friends, I'm talking about a random stranger (and that's what most of us are on the Internet).

Just sayin'. :D

#226 ·
I've avoided this thread because Treva and I have had some 'issues', we'll say...

I think it's great when friends want to do nice things for their friends, no matter what others think of the person.

The only thing I really want to say is to Treva...

I get that you 'joke' when you think people ask/say stupid things, but you have to realize that in text/print, jokes don't always come across as such and it's true, people do take what's said on the Internet seriously because there are PEOPLE behind the keyboards that are typing the words.

If you said to someone in person that they are dumb for asking a question that they simply didn't know the answer to, or they thought they knew and just wanted verification, or if you made fun of them for something that they said, how do you think they would react?

Only difference here is they can't punch you in the nose over the Internet. ;)

I'm not talking your friends, I'm talking about a random stranger (and that's what most of us are on the Internet).

Just sayin'. :D
Why do these posts keep coming up?? enough already!!!

MESSAGE TO JEMSITERS:

This thread is about a guitar build....nothing more.

It's NOT about whether you like Treva or not!!! If you don't like him, and don't want to see a guitar built for him STAY THE F OUT!!!!

If you want to see a guitar built with some of the coolest "toys" available today....... then stay tuned in.

Ryc

BTW....Mic, this is not directed at you- you know were cool. I just used your reply as an example.

#221 ·
I think its just necause you are from NJ.

Just kidding, please dont snooki me
"Ay, don' mess wid us Joisey Boies!" ;)

Actually, I'm in Colorado now, just never changed the profile.

And P.S., NONE of those a-holes on Jersey Shore were actually from Jersey... and as an Italian-American from Jersey I found the show offensive and was very glad to see it cancelled. :D

#237 ·
Yeah man a lot of progress but we still can't show cause we(they) are working on them.
This guitar is going to have some cool features and not only about lookings.
Andrew gave the idea of something i never ever thought about having on my guitars, it adds new sounds for sure, simple but still creative.
Don't forget this is a guitar built with people helping, it's not like going to a store and buying it, results depend on different people so it takes time.
Stay in tune, soon they will show some news about it ;)

#250 ·
A huge box came from ryc( rgtfanatic) yesterday.
There is enough for a whole guitar in it and more.

Also he is getting treva a custom neck made.
Trevas body is not ready yet because nate perle has not got to it yet.

pics.

this is from frank (fwd0120)

and a set of pickups from doriangrey.plus some strings and a cool gift for me.

#251 ·
Ah man, Ryc gave up his modified 560 body! You've gotta do something good with that one. It's ready for a sustainer.

I've slowly been cleaning up my studio, selling some things to raise some funds for a family holiday. I'll send maybe a couple of pickups and stuff over soon though, once I work out what I'm doing with everything.

#252 ·
Ah man, Ryc gave up his modified 560 body! You've gotta do something good with that one. It's ready for a sustainer.
I've slowly been cleaning up my studio, selling some things to raise some funds for a family holiday. I'll send maybe a couple of pickups and stuff over soon though, once I work out what I'm doing with everything.
I figured the 760(5) body was a great start for the second donation build. The recipient will, again, be getting a one of a kind guitar. This isn't the body that I did the sustainer route on though. That was on Jesse's white 760. If you look close, this one has no blade switch.

Andrew, what kind of "gift" did you get? Are we talking about the 4-ply binding I see in one of the pics??

#254 ·
I think you, and everyone else will like it a lot. It's being tailor built for the recipient. The 7xx neck is going to be amazing after Andrew finishes it. I did the same carve/scrape on the back as I did on your LTD neck.

BTW.... thank you very much. I left a bit of fill work for Andrew that I feel bad about, but I truly don't have the time to do anything guitar related now. Hopefully things will ease up a little soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.