Ibanez JEM Forum banner

J-Custom, Prestige, JEM so confused :D

Tags
j-custom
4K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  DrJustice 
#1 · (Edited)
I have recently acquired a J-Custom and now very confused what to play :D J-custom or Prestige or JEM ? :D

J-Custom neck and fret is OH MY GOD.....its excellent for Ibanez players and super smooth....I didn't know 4mm maple top make HUGE tone difference, it makes a J-Custom very well balanced. I have a 2820 which is made with same body and neck materials except maple top and the two sounds very different.

In terms of fret treatment, J-Custom won .... But I think JEM 90th is on a par with JC for some reasons. Here are some pics...

See less See more
#21 ·
Well, you can get far more expensive guitars with no top at all.

Is it a blanket point, in your opinion, for a top to be as thick as possible? If not what would you consider the optimal thickness of the maple for these guitars? Is there a possibility that the material dimensions are carefully thought out? AFAIK the base material mahogany is no cheaper than the maple, so they certainly don't do it to save money in production.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.