Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD - I have gone to the dark side!

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Ekim 
#1 ·
I have gone to the dark side :) Gibson Les Paul Signature T. This guitar is amazing, it has the 60s neck which feels and plays great. The tone, fit and finish and construction is fantastic. I don't know why people knock Gibson, the QC on this one is incredible. Bonus - one piece back!

See less See more
#5 ·
I am not a LP fan, they just don't do it for me. However, I do like the colour of the body matched with that neck on your new axe. I also think that LPs sound amazing for certain styles of music and after all, guitars are primarily about the sound.

Congratulations on the purchase and enjoy.

-Wolfram

#11 ·
For Gibson solidbodies, I am more of an SG fan but I love your guitar. The one piece back really only means it cost a lot more to produce and won't affect your tone.

As for Gibson quality control, they let some good ones through as well as some bad ones. They are inconsistent but you got a really nice one. They are not the dark side, but just another guitar company putting out good gear. Fender is also the same, only bigger.

However, the coil taps will greatly increase your range and is a very good concept. If you add functionality for series to parallel with two more push pulls, then you have the classic Jimmy Page setup being able to get Les Paul tones but also the earlier Zep Telecaster tones, too.

#12 · (Edited)
beautiful guitar...love that red - it is so deep...almost like a red wine... I went through a couple of Les Pauls many years ago but I sold them because I didn't like the weight and gloss neck finish but when I see pics of your beautiful guitar it makes me wish I had never sold mine... :( congratulations on your beautiful new guitar!!! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.