Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Research Project Help needed

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  GUITARMAGEDDON 
#1 ·
Hey, I'm doing this end of year research project on the production of guitars in big companies, everything that happens from boardroom to factory floor and finally the walls of guitar centre. I'll be comparing two main companies Gibson and Fender, and I need some way of getting an interview with someone from both those companies who could answer a handful of questions (via email). I know there is much information on the internet about most of the questions I have but there are some which aren't and I need first hand responses not wikipedia quotes.

Any ideas? :S

#4 ·
Maybe see if you can work more locally, go for the distributer in your country which should be easier to contact. Then, if they're helpful but not themselves able to answer your questions see if they can make an introduction.

The other question you need to think about is why is the CEO of an international company going to want to speak to some random student from thousands of miles away?

You need to make it worth their while to read your initial email or take your phone call because they will have people who's actual job is to field these calls and emails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.