Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Dollar for dollar, is there a superstrat out there as good as RG?

5K views 45 replies 17 participants last post by  windycitycane 
#1 ·
This may not be the place to ask, but I know there are other good superstrats out there in budget, midrange, and higher end markets.

Back in the 1980s when the superstrats were out there there was Kramer, Ibanez, and Charvel/Jackson as the trusty variants, but this era has too many choices to ponder.

I may want either a locking trem or fixed bridge superstrat again one day for NGD, and look at both budget and midrange stuff (up to Ibanez Premium price range).

Thoughts?

#45 ·
there are actually 2 versions.. one for around $499.00 and one for $1299.00 I think

They look very similar but are obviously built differently.

I did play the $499 at GC one day, wasn't bad, it was setup awful so I can't really say but everything else seemed good..
The expensive version is made in USA the cheaper one is I think Indonesia but for the $$ you can't beat it. even if you have to get a nice fret dressing and setup so another $100 and you have a fantastic guitar. That does it, I am going guitar shopping :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.