Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Throwback Thursdays HERE

Tags
throwback
4K views 50 replies 15 participants last post by  Meechy 
#1 ·
Usually a social media thing, but here I thought there could be some pretty interesting ones of events or pictures with artists.

Try to only post one picture every Thursday, that way the thread can last a little while.

Here's mine from when Steve Vai sent me a letter

See less See more
#8 ·
near as I can tell, when the "look at me! look at me! Look at me!" of your current life on facebook gets old, you post older pictures to say "Look at me!"....apparently this happens on Thursdays. Presumably because Throwback and Thursday start with the same letter. Like when the Classic Rock stations try to be witty with their "Two For Tuesdays" schtick

#18 ·
You guys suck.

The idea is to post something guitar related from something a while ago, be it a guitar, a picture with some artist, etc. it's not about posting the bowl of porridge you particularly liked enough to take a picture of two years ago

A piece of gear you sold but wish you had, anything.

#20 ·
You guys suck.

The idea is to post something guitar related from something a while ago, be it a guitar, a picture with some artist, etc. it's not about posting the bowl of porridge you particularly liked enough to take a picture of two years ago

Sorry Kyle, the guys here just aren't into it.
Any old pictures I have would be of me, and I just don't do that. I sent one picture to someone on this forum, and I was having a nervous breakdown trying to click the 'send' button.
I know it's a strange paranoia, but whatever....

#26 ·
You guys suck.

:(

Ok, here's something I uploaded recently to soundcloud. I was going through some old scratch tracks and had totally forgotten that I recorded this (July 2013).

It's tongue in cheek, and the feel I was going for was 8bit gaming... Games from my youth tended to have this type of music (just, not real or polished or with as much bass). It's techno come metal basically lol.

Even the main repeating theme riff is guitar (just with a rotary speaker emulator going on).

Hell, doesn't have to be a Sunday for that. :p
It can never be no undie Saturday though! What else can one wear on their head while hanging up the washing?

Nothing! Exactly. One must wear freshly washed underwear on their head while hanging up the washing.

#51 ·
You have interesting friends!
Well; I'll just say sometimes their underwear was on someone else's head as well.... 8O
I'm the 'quiet one' of our group, though you wouldn't be able to tell based on my posts on Jemsite. ;)
Honestly though; some of them scare me with what they are willing to do when they meet a guy. I'm so afraid they are going to get hurt, and I don't mean a 'broken heart'. :cry:

#41 ·
Ah damn it, I hate Happy Fridays, Tourettes Tuesdays and Syphillis Saturdays, but here's an old pic (7 or 8 years) to join the party. It's not gear, but It's me and my favourite girl. Please excuse the hair, I had just got back from a long trip from a place where you wouldn't trust a barber not to decapitate you so was in bad need of a haircut, I had just woke up after arriving the night before and she wouldn't let me out of her sight for an instant, so please excuse the bad hair, but here it is:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.