Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Does anyone play GTA5 online?

5K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  harrymackenzie 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Well, as the title suggests, does anybody here play GTA online?

#9 ·
Really? Have you watched him play it?

You know there's strippers (that you can pay to perform...and if you make them "like" you enough, you can invite them back to your apartment), there's actual sex (oral and regular) that you can purchase from street workers...sex that you can see, with orgasms and the build up towards that vibrate the controller in pulses. etc.

...and when you're done, you can kill them to get your money back.

I'm pretty sure I'd let my child play it too. But, yeah, just wondering if you knew about the above stuff.

#6 ·
Lol, just thought I'd check, I knew there had to be a few gamers here.

Kyle, I love that mission ..... as long as I'm in the jet, I'm crap at racing, death matches and driving, flying and sniping are my strong points.

Corey, I know the feeling, I got hooked on it for a while. Now I try to divide my free time between playing guitar (trying to improve my awful playing) GTA and other things. Mrs Laobi is particularly hooked on it which is a mixed blessing.

Jim, have you looked at it? The content is fairly mature. There are also a large proportion of foul mouthed scumbags playing. Not that I am adverse to swearing, but some sessions can be a lesson in hate speech. I tend to play with older players because they have limited time like me and want to use their time well.

What's interesting is perception. I know guys who play female characters because instead of shooting them idiots flirt with them and offer help. I play as a fairly famous fictional black character, more than once someone has directed a racial tyrade at me and black players have come to my defense or retorted with their own racial tyrade, usually I send a pm explaining that I'm white and that being as racist as the racist doesn't actually help anyone. I just love how people assume the image on the screen is identical to the person, reminds me of the South Park episode "Make Love Not Warcraft".

#7 ·
I used to play GTA5, loved it, unfortunately not online.

World of Warcraft? Hell yeah, for many years, many years ago. Yes, used to have a female character for fun when playing wow, got help ALL the time if I wanted, everything became ten times easier, to the point where it got almost annoying at times, lol.

#12 ·
I played a little bit over the Christmas break with my S.O. She's a bit of a gamer.

Next time I'm on, I'll add you on PSN.

GTA5 is kinda insane on Online, hey. I once joined a session where a young boy was playing, and was being hassled something savage. He was begging, and pleading for a bunch of guys to stop killing him. He was also crying. Very small voice...would've had to be under 10.

So I invited him to my apartment... lol. Man that sounds bad. Anyway, he had a look at my cars, and was trying to get into the GTR for some reason. So I took him for a spin, and the group that was hassling this kid started chasing after us.

They blew up my car, and the kid left the session. I then made it my mission to keep killing each and every one of the group, over and over. LOL. Managed to make them all leave the session. Was fun!

It's quite immersive, and can often feel very real. You know, I even made my guy look like me.

Bathroom mirror selfie, cause LOL

me in real life (see the resemblance?)

my S.O. and me in the game

My S.O. and me in real life here.

one of my GTA 5 garages

I was lucky enough to be online during Christmas where I was gifted over $600,000,000 by a hacker. So I bought cars... Got to keep what I bought, but didn't get to keep the money when Rockstar patched the game. D'oh.

Guitar room in the game:

Booo, no Ibanez.

...and in real life, where my S.O. and I game together when we make the time.

#14 ·
Lol yes on the guitars too, when I first bought the apartment I went straight to the study and discovered my character was a fan of Slash and James Hetfield, so disappointed.

Did you encounter that bug for a while where there was a rather rotund lady with a face which can only be described as looking like a bulldog licking piss from a nettle occupying your study?

I tried everything to get rid of her eventually after the last update she thankfully disappeared. When it first happened I thought Rockstar were distributing ugly wives to crap players until a friend who's a good player told me he had a troll in his study too.

#15 ·
Lol yes on the guitars too, when I first bought the apartment I went straight to the study and discovered my character was a fan of Slash and James Hetfield, so disappointed.

Did you encounter that bug for a while where there was a rather rotund lady with a face which can only be described as looking like a bulldog licking piss from a nettle occupying your study?

I tried everything to get rid of her eventually after the last update she thankfully disappeared. When it first happened I thought Rockstar were distributing ugly wives to crap players until a friend who's a good player told me he had a troll in his study too.
LOL!! I never saw that! haha. That would've been hilarious.

Yeah, the characters are hard to create. I'm lucky that I'm a little dark and metro looking in real life... One thing I dislike is the inability to set height. My S.O.'s GTA5 character is amazon sized in height. That's why she's behind me in that photo (I learnt that trick from Tom Cruise!).

#20 ·
I did it a few months ago, before my Xbox Live subscription expired.

My favourite was when you were on a motorcycle and had to go to a specific place while your opponent was in an aircraft attempting to shoot you from above, or when I used to play GTA5, which I liked but couldn't play online.

What about World of Warcraft? Yes, for many years, many years ago. Yes, I used to play wow using a female character for fun, and I could get aid ALL THE TIME if I wanted. Everything became ten times simpler, to the point of being nearly obnoxious at times, haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.